Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some quick answers so I put this here to get more views.

I am trying to get my front rockwell hooked up so I can put some rubber under there. Problem is that damn tierod is in the way. I know that I could turn the knuckles around to make it easier but I don't want to do that. I built these nice brackets so that I can get the links hooked up but it puts the lower links so high above the axle center line that I think I am going to have problems with the way I was going to do the upper link. I put that hoop in there as low as I could and was going to connect the upper link to the side of it rather than the top, like I did on the rear.

The bracket hole is above the axle center line about 6" and the spot where I want to put the upper link is about 6" above that. What do you guys think I should do? If I raise the spot where I was going to put the upper link is it gonna help? How high will I need to go?

Thanks guys I am planning on having this done by the end of the weekend so I need to get this figured out soon.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
On my wishbone setup up front, I have my lower links mounted on the centerline of the axle and my tierod behind as well. I bent and trussed them to go over the tie rod. I am also running a similar type hoop as low as possible above the diff.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
How are you ever going to get the third member out? Also just a FYI, but when you bend tubing you should put the seam to the inside of the bend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts