Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what width are you guys with rockwells. outside of the tire to outside of the tire? or i should say to the edge of the tread.

i would need to know tire size and rim size and bs if possible.

trying to put some info together for someone.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
91" outside of tire to outside of tire....front and rear
Axle narrowed 7.25"
hubs out
6" of backspacing on 15 x 10 rims
44x18.5 TSL's

Wheelbase is 125"

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
About 91 or so to the outside edge... hubs out, 53's on standard deuce rims but I cut and flipped the wheel dish so that they're like singled wheels now.

Bob

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Im 87". Run'n the hubs in and hummer rims recentered to 4" run'n 42"tsl's

·
Registered
352 Posts
how close is the tire to the drive shaft at full lock for those of you with the hubs fliped in. and what tire is it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
have no idea how close it is i would say half a foot or so mine are flipped in with hummer rims and 44's it would hit the frame long before the shaft

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Dan Dibble said:
92" outside to outside. 12wx15 wheels with 4" back spacing, hubs flipped in. 44" tires.

Dan
You quit teasing us you damn dibble.....and show the too hot for pc pics already...I know you have some pot shots :flipoff2:

91"s with 44" boggers and hubs flipped in

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Dan Dibble said:
92" outside to outside. 12wx15 wheels with 4" back spacing, hubs flipped in. 44" tires.

Dan
i think one of those front tires are trimmed more that the other. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
if I measured correctly, wms-wms is 79" with hubs out. I will be running 16.5 X 12 with 6" of back space. I will be running 44 X 19.5 X 16.5 tires so 1/2 of 19.5 is 9.75. 9.75 X 2 = 19.5 79 + 19.5 = 98.5(+/-) outside to outside with hubs out. Sorry for posting the math

JJ

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im so glad dan showed up for this post!!!!!

so the question becomes...... is it a better idea to flip the hubs or have the housing narrowed and run the hubs out. are there steering differences one way or another?

the width question is more or less for trailer reasons. hypo. speaking..... for instance im runnin full widths with 3.5" bs that put me about 90" tread edge to tread edge. on a 82" deck trailer i roll over the fenders but there is enough to stay on the trailer.

with hubs flip'd i assume if you guys are saying its a couple inches widers a car trailer with some outrig'ers for the extra tread shouldnt be a big deal. this is all hypotheticly speaking..... comments?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I had my trailer widened to the same width as the fenders and then had some boxes made to cover the fenders that are ramped on both ends so I don't crush the fenders. works out great for my current rig, not sure about the one I am building with Rockwells

·
Registered
1 Posts
what width are your iroks? 19.5 or 21 i have a set of 21/49/20 roks that im gonna try to squeeze on some 20x12 rockwell custom wheels. didnt know how narrow i could go. i figured with the more narrow wheel that i would get a taller tire. thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts