Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked me up some 2 1/2 ton Rockwells, seems they get expensive to build. Go figure. When the money tree regrows, the plans are to run eith 46"XMLs or some 44" tire that comes along for a good price. I wanna take it on a easy trail ride or 2 to make sure the suspension and everything works the way I want it to. But I havent got my new tires/wheels yet. Hell, I havent even made up my mind on exactly what I want.

Its got the stock uni-direction mil spec tires. I know the tires are gonna suck ass off road. But I am curious about the wheels. Are they gonna explode as soon as I hit them off a rock if I try wheelin' with them? Anyone ever wheel with them?

· Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, on the topic of the rims themselves, you should be aware of all of the safety concerns that come along with dealing with split rims, which are exTREMELY dangerous to air up and down.
I dont like split rims, I am worried about hitting the ring with a rock and it flying off. East coast, we dont got a lot of rocks but they're still there.

I would probably air down once (trail only) and leave them there. Put a couple welds on the ring to keep it from flying off.

I ran my 20"split rims for like 4 months. No problems.Their just heavy.
Anyone else run 'em?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.