Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody got any special tools to remove the ring gear in the center section of these bad boys?Im taking the housing apart to reverse the rotation and Ive got the cap off of the end of the ring gear shaft and I was using 2 bolts to push the bearing and retainer off of the shaft but now I need some all thread maybe 5" long to push it all the way off.ANybody else done it like this?After the bearings are off how do you separate the ring gear from the shaft?Hmmmm???????:smokin: Let me go get some pics of what Ive got so far....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Muddog,

Have you tried the military TM's for these things? I can put my hands on mine at the moment, but Im certian that the disassembly is detailed in there. Ive got a post in Rippers Rockwell thread that has links to all the TMs.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.....I looked through the TM's but didnt see any breakdown of the differential assy.It was supposed to be in section 77-1 but it seemed to skip right over that section.Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,281 Posts
Whaley Enterprises said:
I was showing how we prepped the case for the machine work, not sure what your refering too?
Sorry, I'm a big dummy. I forgot that what might be page 3 for me might be page 8 for you depending on how many posts per page you have set. The link you posted took me to the page where you already have the axles installed and someone made pictures of the "Tram" (posts #176-200) Probably should have just said post #71 in that thread....unless i'm still confused.

BTW, great buildup! I can't wait to see some trail pics of that beast.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I will be trying to press some bearings back in then..........oh well.
Any ideas on how to press them back on.......its a really strange setup in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts