Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys I just want to say thanx to the best place to learn about our hobby.Without this board I would have never learned the stuff to build my suspension. Just want to say thanx to the following POR members for their help in no particular order: PIG, Yeller Blazer, toploader4x4, 350 samuria, 2.5 ton scrambler, Billa Vista,and bgreen. Also ,thanx to a buddy named robert for doing an awesome job bending my rear links.And i need to give a shout out to casey at WMS for his input as well.
Specs: Front suspension is a standard 4 link with a panhard bar. Links are 38 inches long(all 4 same length), on a 8 degree angle and made from 2 inch .250 wall seamless dom. At the axle end is a 2.5 inch Currie Johny Joint and at the frame is a polyurathane bushing( rear main eye bushing for a cj-7 front spring).Front links have 8 inches of seperation at frame and axle.Panhard bard is made from 2 inch seamless DOM,.250 wall, 2.5 inch johny joints at both ends and 24 inches long. Coil springs are full size FORD bronco/ F-150 springs and pinned at both ends.Bump stop is inside coil spring. Available travel is 8 inches down and 5 inches up and limited by limiting strap....and it works really well..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Rear suspension: triangulated 4 link. Links are 46 inches long.Upper links are made from .250 wall seamless DOM tubing while bottom link is made from .188 wall seamless DOM tubing and upper truss is made from same material. Upper links are on a 8 degree angle while lowers are on a 12 degree angle.The links have 13 inches of seperation at the axle with the bottom link at axle centerline. the links have 8 inches of seperation at the frame.The links use a 2.5 inch currie johny joint at the axle and cj-7 front leaf spring rear main eye polyurathane bushing at the frame. The anti squat has worked out to be just right and the truck's rear suspension works awesome with virtually no rear steer at full flex...shot of rear from side

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
350 Samurai said:
Sweet, Brian, you'll have to invite me and Kevin up to Cowan to see you try to break it.
Tim,
. ..I haven't broke it yet;but, I did do a number on the rear housing. I put a dent about 2 inches wide and about an inch and a hald DEEP right next to the bull gear:eek: It nearly knocked my teeth out...Seriously, call Kevin and get my number or pm me yours and we shall do some planning on riding sometime somewhere...Thanx.brian

·
Registered
810 Posts
whats up with the bars to protect the pinion brakes? other than that looks cool.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TablerockToy said:
Nice! You have any pics of the whole truck? O ya whens the action pics?:D
Maybe this weekend.Everytime I have been out in it it has been raining..makes for fun wheeling ;but, not for a happy digital camera;)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
heep86 said:
how do you get the chunk out? and what's up with the swiss cheese looking rotor?
You don't..If the chunk comes out then my other front end goes into the rear of the truck.As for those swiss cheese rotors..well I was so troubled by "big dude's" thoughts on the weight of these things that I had to do something to cut down on weight . So I figured in honor of "bigdude" I would drill 2 sets of holes and shave 15 ounces off of each rotor :D ...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts