Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't my vehicle but I was curious if this is the going thing on Rodeo's right now. I came home yesterday and saw it sitting in my neighbor's driveway. I asked him what was up, He said he traded them for his good set of 33's becuase they fit fine. He is running cheesy shackles, cranked torsions and a 3" body lift. I tried to talk him out of it and get his tires back, but he insisted his rodeo could handle it just fine. This morning he did ask to use the sawzall since he was rubbing his fenders a little.

By the way, this is his daily driver with stock gears.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
well just let youre neighbor find out the hard way :flipoff2: im sure that fromt ifs and small little rear axle is enjoying those 40s with the stock gearing too :rolleyes:

·
Typical White Guy
3,709 Posts
Little late for an April Fools post... so I guess this must be real :eek: Tell him not to be that thing in 4WD unless he likes the sound of drivetrain parts imploding on themselves :flipoff2:
________
UGGS

·
Registered
126 Posts
holy potatoes batman, i'd move immediatley, your neighbor sounds like the guy that sets the neighborhood on fire with lighter fuild and a coleman grill :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Throw a couple rocks in the middle of the road, hide in the bushes with the camera, and watch the funny.

That thing has to be a dog, probably 4low it just to park in the drive way.

:eek:
Scott F.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I call BS... unless he's planning on driving it in a straight line. There isn't any room at all to turn those tires... even for a pavement pounder, mall rig. :rainbow:

-Rob

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish it was BS. When I left for work this morning it was out of the driveway. He has a 15 mile commute to and from work in DC traffic. I told him that he was going to have some major clearance and axle issues but he doesn't believe me :shaking: . I will see what he thinks of his drive tonight.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
maybe he'll get a ticket for missing a bumber, no front plate, and a balled front tire :flipoff2:

i'm guessing that those don't measure anywhere near 40"......so i'm sure they fit, with a little trim........................not sure why you would want it, but :rolleyes:

my guess is that it is "drivable" read loosly as you can move it under it's own power.

driving it on the street in 2wd i guess it will hold together for a while, guys do similar shit locally on Toyota ifs.

pushing the envelope :rolleyes: .............still :rainbow:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Maybe he's going to SAS and regear it ??

·
Registered
589 Posts
You ought to start a pool - what breaks first, how long it takes, etc. :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thats funny, I bet his clutch (if manual is loving him) or if its an auto its gotta be creating some serious heat pulling those tires with stock gears, tell him to atleast take off those gay as running board that hang down 5 feet :barf:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thats similar to how mine started out. I got a good deal on a set of 36s, same damn tires as your buddy actually.
3" body, ghetto shackles, cut fenders...but it has come a long way since then.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
we have a set of them in the shop... think i'll get some shots on my trooper. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
I don't give the brakes much chance of survival and no one has mentioned steering components. Multiple steering components are likely already failing.
If he cant afford a can of paint just let him drive it for a month (into the ground) and pick it up when he cant afford to repair it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts