Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I am new to the board. I am thinking of buying a trail rig. I am between a Isuzu Rodeo (1997 6cyl with automatic trans) and a Cherokee Sport (1999 with automatic trans). Which one do you think would be a better decision and why? I don't plan to do alot of hardcore wheelin but want to have some fun. I also don't plan on making a lot of mods other than tires and maybe a small lift.

·
Registered
933 Posts
you came to the wrong forum. this forum is all about making rigs hardcore and modifying them. tires (+35") and lifts are standard here.

otherwise, i would go with the jeep. there are more after market products for the jeep if someday you want to go more "hardcore"

·
Registered
243 Posts
you came to the wrong forum. this forum is all about making rigs hardcore and modifying them. tires (+35") and lifts are standard here.

otherwise, i would go with the jeep. there are more after market products for the jeep if someday you want to go more "hardcore"
..x2..

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
The Cherokee is easier to build, with more aftermarket easily available... The Cherokee has a solid axle up front, which beat the Isuzu IFS for crawling, but that decision changes if you like to go fast. The Rodeo rear axle is bigger and stronger than the Cherokee rear axle (disk brakes stock, too)... but the big difference IMHO is unibody vs body-on-frame, and how long each will last... your call.

Stock, they are IMHO about the same capability. A few mods and the Cherokee will be better, cheaper... spend a bit more with a live-axle swap and the Rodeo takes the lead... spend cubic dollars and your wallet becomes the deterministic factor for which is better.

Randii

1 - 5 of 5 Posts