Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great, hope it works out.

Sometimes my advice is worth what you paid for it. :eek:
it will no doubt be better than what i had.

i signed the po and its supposed to be shipped tomorrow.

i'll no doubt be finger effin it and bending what ever comes to mind when it gets here. have 2, maybe more jobs for it asap. so we'll see if i break it

·
Registered
105 Posts
it will no doubt be better than what i had
I had an Eagle CP30 and really liked that machine. I just did not use it enough and with a small shop I was constantly moving it out of my way. I had the model with the base and it folded down so you could roll horizontally also.
You should be very happy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I had an Eagle CP30 and really liked that machine. I just did not use it enough and with a small shop I was constantly moving it out of my way. I had the model with the base and it folded down so you could roll horizontally also.
You should be very happy.
i'm itching to get my hands on it. the guy at Eagle sent me confirmation it would be here friday.

i'm super lucky to have a very decent sized space to work in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Make sure you keep this thread updated with all the cool stuff your rolling once you get it.
you can probably tell by my post count, i've mostly been a lurk and learn type. and join date, i've been here a while, literally learned more here than college.

i've got to learn to post pics, i plan to keep up with this and maybe start a shop projects thread.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
you can probably tell by my post count, i've mostly been a lurk and learn type. and join date, i've been here a while, literally learned more here than college.

i've got to learn to post pics, i plan to keep up with this and maybe start a shop projects thread.
Good. We need more active shop/fab threads going on. I've learned tons here, and I've built a life from it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
bender showed up this morning. i hope i can make the pics works, if they don't ill fix it this evening.

first bend sch40 pipe 1-1/4" (1.66"od)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Awesome! How long/quantity of passes to make the one ring?
that was one pass. literally 60 seconds ish. its supposed to put the same radius on 1.5" sch 40 pipe (1.9" od x .145" wall) in one shot as well!

its way beyond 'listed capability' but i put some 3" x .375" flatbar thru it the 'hard' way and ran it to a 4' radius. it put 1/2" flat spots on either side from the compression and i'm super impressed.

also picked up another job for it, bending bubble curtain rings for pile driving. rings are supposed to surround a pile being driven with a 'curtain of bubbles' bubble rings are to be spaced no less than 7' apart from sea floor up.

the curtain of bubbles is supposed to insulate the underwater sound of driving impact to protect the whale and fish ears. i've been apart of the sound testign in the past and am curious how effective it is in practice.

waiting to hear on final design but looks like roughly a dozen rings 48" diameter out of 1.25 or 1.5" sch40 pipe. things i'll get 40' pieces of weld end to end to minimize drop, mostly depends if i have enough time if times short i dont care about the material waste.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
also i'm not internet smart. not totally retarded but i dont know how to make the pics show. everything goes to google, i got to save the pics somewhere else then link?

full stick of 1x1x.120 into a circle
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mHgfUqzihF5rekzw8
Click on the picture to open it up, right click, click on "Copy image location", then click the picture icon in the compose box (
) and paste in the link (or you can manually make [IMG]LINK HERE[/IMG] tags with the link in the middle).
That should get you this:

Aaron Z

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Awesome tool.

So I have always wondered how do you roll a spiral stair case accurately?
i dont know, they have spiral staircase add on tooling to help get the second radius or skew or ?? whatever the helix type spiral is called. but i plan to just wing it using the side bar things to get he helix... maybe build my own tooling (the add on is really expensive) going to be a bit of back and forth i'm sure.

i do plan to keep a note book with the machine and start taking notes on material setup and resulting bend... the downfeed has a digital read out so after some time i'll have a good knowledge base to pull from.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I hear you

I can't really get my mind wrapped around it. Do you have bend-tech? I was thinking there was a roll bending module for it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I hear you

I can't really get my mind wrapped around it. Do you have bend-tech? I was thinking there was a roll bending module for it.
i dont, i'm sure i should. every program, or technology hump i go after has paid off very well. i've had a jd2 bender since before i had a welder and bend tech was over kill for what i could draw on the floor in a couple minutes. with what i want to accomplish now i'm sure there is a lot of software i should look into.

i like to simplify things. i see this bender as having 2 critical inputs. the 'bending roll' or deflection number, which is conveniently a digital output on this machine. And side load. i'm sure there is good info out there, but i havent found it. its a big , cost, number for cnc software, so i cant imagine spending the dough. another one of the parts of work thats hard to account for but it pays. another note book

·
Registered
467 Posts
I hear you on simple. For me I don't bend enough to keep it fresh in my head. Bend Tech allows me to draw up a VERY complex part or assembly and quickly build it with no crap tube.

I don't know what it costs now but I have made my $300+ investment back many times over. Caveat would be I am good with drafting, CAD and coordinate systems, I know not everyone is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i do plan to keep a note book with the machine and start taking notes on material setup and resulting bend... the downfeed has a digital read out so after some time i'll have a good knowledge base to pull from.
It will get you close but I found that every piece of steel is different!!!
I have the same issues with my slip roller, set it and it rolls one piece perfect and the next piece is over or under rolled.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts