Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I need a cage in my manx buggy. What software do you guys use to figure out what there going to look like. I currently have adobe photoshop but i suck at using it. Im trying to figure out what size/angle I want for my windshield, and how tall I want the cage. Also how do you figure out if its NHRA legal for racing?? Here's a couple of pics of it. Also would it need to be 6 or 4 point? How would i run the rear down bars???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been there, read that. not much help at this time.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If you want to do it on the computer then Pro E or Autocad are 2 of many different softwares out there, but in my opinion nothing beats some pencil/paper/imagination...Do some searches for cages and you will come up with some ideas.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some better pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
front

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bronko said:
If you want to do it on the computer then Pro E or Autocad are 2 of many different softwares out there, but in my opinion nothing beats some pencil/paper/imagination...Do some searches for cages and you will come up with some ideas.
I found a picture of one I like. How do I know if its NHRA legal? I think the center bars would have to be on the outside. But Ilike the looks of the two running down the middle. Is design cad express 12.0 any good?

Attachments

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
ROCKPIMP said:
. How do I know if its NHRA legal?
Why are you asking this on a rockcrawling site?

Ever hear of google?

Roll Bars
Unless otherwise required by your class: Roll Bars required on convertibles running quicker than 11.00 - 13.99. Roll Bars required on all cars running quicker than 11.00 - 11.99.

Roll Cages
Roll Cages required on convertibles running 10.99 or faster than 135mph. Roll Cages required on all cars running 10.99 or faster than 135mph. - One exception: full bodied cars running between 10.00 and 10.99, with unaltered firewalls, floor and body (from firewall rearward - wheel tubes permitted) can compete with just a roll bar.Faster than a 9.99 you need a chassis sticker and have the car reinserted every 3 years

:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Im asking here because there's alot of smart people on here. Smart ass :flipoff2: Thanks for the info. As I understand it i can get away with a 4 point or just a simple roll bar. I was also hoping someone could do an auto cad drawing. I downloaded an auto cad program. Now I just need to firuge out how to use it.

And one more thing, Ive seen some bad ass cages on here, both in cad and built! I have no imagination. Thats why I had to buy the AP kit for my truck.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
ROCKPIMP said:
Im asking here because there's alot of smart people on here. Smart ass :flipoff2: Thanks for the info. As I understand it i can get away with a 4 point or just a simple roll bar. I was also hoping someone could do an auto cad drawing. I downloaded an auto cad program. Now I just need to firuge out how to use it.

And one more thing, Ive seen some bad ass cages on here, both in cad and built! I have no imagination. Thats why I had to buy the AP kit for my truck.
gee...I don't have a 3d modeling program but I seem to be able to draw a cage :idea: . it might be 3rd grade art, but at least you get an idea of what to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahahah, thanks. anyone else?

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
I think you need to learn how to go to a different forum.. this isnt NHRAcages.com :rolleyes: We don't give a shit :flipoff2:
Scott

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Po' riggity said:
I think you need to learn how to go to a different forum.. this isnt NHRAcages.com :rolleyes: We don't give a shit :flipoff2:
Scott
Ok, so my rock crawler already has a cage and I came here looking for advice on something different and all you guys that don't know shit and can't build shit have responded with stupid ass comments. You probably don't even have a rig. All Im looking for is someone who can help me draw a cage in auto cad. And if someone else happens to have info on NHRA legal cages than thats cool too. You want me to post pics and tech questions about my truck to make it about 4x4's? There are some talented fabricators and cage builders on here. And I was looking for there input not yours.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have one word for you

EXO

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Weezer said:
I have one word for you

EXO

:D
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Give you my advise and expertise.....uh uh :flipoff2:

Fuck autocad, just build the damn cage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If i'm not mistaken you will need a 6 point bar of 1.750 x .120 dom minimum if you run 12.99 or faster in a vert. Not positive though been a long time since that slow

·
Registered
214 Posts
Go join NHRA and get the rule book and read it. The heck with cad. Go bend up some cheap 1/2 EMT conduit for a pattern till you get what you want and then duplicate it in the tubing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts