Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my 2''DOM the other day and have done some of the bending. I ordered 10 sticks of tubing and it wil be a while before I use it all up. I dont have room in my shop to store 22' lengths so I have cut some into shorter lengths. What are yall using to clean the oil from the metal and what are you doing for good paint prep? I may just clean up the remaining joints and give em a good primer coat to keep down the surface rust. Any suggestions ? TIA

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done that in the past also. I have also used dishwashing liquid and water, then painted the metal as soon as it dried. I am looking for other options that may work better and be a little cheaper than acetone or xylene.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
wash laquer thinner works good......it's cheap and leaves no residue like paint thinner and mineral spirits. Wash Laq thinner will evaporate quickly and use it prior to spray. If you get fisheye you may want to go something more expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.