Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put bedliner on the floor of my 80 blazer because i see alot of mud. Everyone tells me that this will make it sound like a tin can on the inside since its a daily driver as well but i have heard it makes a great sound deadner. who is correct the tin cans or the quite ride

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
they are probably referring to the fact that you wont have any sound deadener or carpet, I think you would have to look pretty hard to find someone to argue that putting a roll on bedliner is going to make your cab louder than without it. I did it to my old chevy and it was kinda cool but it was my DD so I eventually put the original pad, original mat and then a new reubber mat over that. talk about quiet, not really but it was a major improvement over just the bed liner. Another thing to think about is that roll ons dont get nearly as thick as a professional spray on, even with a couple coats. but if you do it the most important part is prep.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We put Herculiner in our YJ and in regards to the sound being loud well I cant tell a difference one way or the other but we did use the whole gallon and put it on real thick.

It was about $90, a few hours work and it works for us.

·
Dabbler
2,161 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get the cheap spray gun from harbor freight (or similar)-its marketed as an undercoating gun. It looks 10X as nice and takes a few hours of application time. Herculiner and Durabak are the same product.

·
Registered
31 Posts
x2, i bought two of the guns tho (only 6.99) which was good, because the first one gummed up pretty bad after the second coat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I herculined the inside of my tub. I spent one day prepping and one day applying it. It does roll on, but using a brush and dabbing it gives it a better texture. Prep is the key. Take your time and it comes out great, do it in a hurry and it will peel or bubble or come off easily.

Sanding, washing, sanding, xylene, and taping off.

It reduces heat some and as for noise, it's a jeep. Tin can?

I know some people who have put carpet ontop of herculiner and it deadens sound and reduces heat a lot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is also my dd and i want to travel long distances such as iowa to utah. I have a hard time keeping carpet clean. So should i deal with noise or just put in REALLY BIG floor mats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts