Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Always Late
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go, a new F-TOY build.
Some of you know me, my name is Brett Porter,(although Mustard Dog refers to my by whatever obsenity rolls off of his tounge).:laughing:
Some of you don't care. I work at Western Fabricators as Lead Designer, and Production Manager, we are a production laser cutting
shop and general weldment job shop.
After a couple of years of researching F-Toys, and one year competing and wheeling the rig that I bought, I found a need to take
the Hendrix Formula Toy Chassis to the next level. I contacted Albuquerque Jim , here on the PBB, after I saw his interest in building
a rig. After many conversations he decided that he was ready to step into an F-Toy, and have me build it for him. this build-up will be
a Comp-Spec rolling chassis and I will highlight all of the details as we go, rather than lay out a "Master Plan".
Along with this build I will be developing a product line for F-Toys that will, hopefully, assist you in your project. Quite a few of
these items will resemble products that Hendrix already sells, mainly because I do most of his laser cutting:D, but I will never step on
his toes and "steal" or copy Hendrix products.
I am in the process of buying my Yellow Star, so I am not officially advertising or posting prices, but I will soon. This chassis
belongs to Albuquerque Jim and when I am finished he will be taking over the build thread, and hopefully not cutting off everthing
that I built. :laughing:

Here are a few pics to get started.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Nice! I'm no fabricator, so I'll buy all the :grinpimp: parts you, Hendrix, Dalton, or whoever can supply! I'm already digging the front crossmember/spring mounts and the rear chassis mounts/shackles.

Donald

·
Always Late
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not up to speed on what "EXACTLY" I can do or not do without a yellow star, but PM me and we'll talk. Thanks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey, that's mine...

As Brett stated, when I considered the F-Toy build I knew I didn't have the skills to do "everything". Brett contacted me after I posted my Build Planning thread cause he was considering building a "rolling chassis". We talked about options, worked out some plans, talked some more, added some things, and we continue to tweak the details on a weekly basis.

I can tell you that Brett is knowledgeable about F-Toys and Fabrication, easy to work with, and doing a kick ass job at putting together this build. I can't wait to take posession and literally start putting the rest together.:flipoff2:

·
Always Late
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, that's mine...

As Brett stated, when I considered the F-Toy build I knew I didn't have the skills to do "everything". Brett contacted me after I posted my Build Planning thread cause he was considering building a "rolling chassis". We talked about options, worked out some plans, talked some more, added some things, and we continue to tweak the details on a weekly basis.

I can tell you that Brett is knowledgeable about F-Toys and Fabrication, easy to work with, and doing a kick ass job at putting together this build. I can't wait to take posession and literally start putting the rest together.:flipoff2:

Thanks Jim, I think that when I am "Official Vendor" I will hold a contest to see who can guess the correct numer of dimple died holes in your car. Remember I'm not done with adding plate work!:laughing:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks Jim, I think that when I am "Official Vendor" I will hold a contest to see who can guess the correct numer of dimple died holes in your car. Remember I'm not done with adding plate work!:laughing:
:shaking:

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Makes your rig look too plain, Brett. You need to dump yours cheap and start over with something pimp like this:D

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Nice work cum-guzzler:flipoff2:

It's really cool to see a support aftermarket growing for these rigs, it'll definately make for building a super clean rig much easier.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Ya, Brett has a cool way of approching the design aspect of these custom parts. He enters all of the information into his Solid Works program and designs a 3 dimentional part on the computer. He then lazer cuts it out of plate and bends it up in his CNC break. you can't see it in the pictures but he designs the parts to fit together like a puzzle so every part ends up being identicle without having to make jigs to assemble them.

VERY COOL!!

1 - 20 of 317 Posts