Pirate 4x4 banner

261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes I've made progress, I just haven't posted in a while.

The fire wall, dash, pedals and floor are in, the motor and drive train is in, seat mounts are in, gas tank mount is in, I need to build shock mounts and hood bars, wire, plumb...and all the small stuff.

I'm going to take a week off this fall to try to wrap it up. Its been too hot to work on it this summer.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just finished the Front Axle :D The axle in the above pic was just a stock roller.

TG Lg. Armor, Fully Trussed, FROR Gussets, 30 Spline Longfields, TG Magnum Studs, TG High Steer, TG Hydro Asst, ARP Hub Studs, IFS Hubs with Longfield Chromo Gears, FROR Taco Brake Brackets, 2000 Taco Brakes, E-Locker with Cryo'd 5.71's set up by Zuk, Inchworm E-Locker Guard, as well as New Bearings and Seals.

I think its fairly well built! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I just finished the Front Axle :D The axle in the above pic was just a stock roller.

TG Lg. Armor, Fully Trussed, FROR Gussets, 30 Spline Longfields, TG Magnum Studs, TG High Steer, TG Hydro Asst, ARP Hub Studs, IFS Hubs with Longfield Chromo Gears, FROR Taco Brake Brackets, 2000 Taco Brakes, E-Locker with Cryo'd 5.71's set up by Zuk, Inchworm E-Locker Guard, as well as New Bearings and Seals.

I think its fairly well built! :flipoff2:
Nice... looks like it will be indestructible. Glad to see the build still goin.. Always wondered what happened to this build.. Nice to see another rig with the BP goodies.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's alive!

After 5 years of starting and stopping this build, I wheeled it for the first time today. :D

It performed very well, now I just have to learn how to drive it!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Congratulations!
Thanks Man. I was pumped when I got it running about 6 months ago, that was a huge milestone. I was excited to get it moving on its own about 2 months ago. But wheeling it for the first time was priceless :D

I had a few shake down issues, like the TG power steering pump pulley fell off, fuel kept spilling out the vent when on an incline and the T-Case got real hot because the fluid was low relative to the angle the drive train sits at in the chassis.

I can solve all of these issues...then I'll wheel the piss out of it!

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Needs more triangulation :flipoff2:

Happy to see you finally got it out after all this time. We're headed to Farmington this weekend... Just sayin'...

·
Registered
486 Posts
I still have a few issues to sort out before I go too far from home. Pm me your number, I could use some help with something.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
5 years is a long time to wait! That makes for a sweet payoff though! Congrats!

·
Registered
486 Posts
This thing is fun to wheel! Thats why it isn't skinned or painted yet :flipoff2:

261 - 280 of 317 Posts