Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wheeling in Socorro, NM this weekend.

I'm getting it dialed in...almost time for panels and paint. :D

In this pic you can see the canvas top that my friend's wife made for me, nice top and available for sale. If you are interested PM me.

·
Registered
486 Posts
AZ Wheelin

I ran Axle Alley in Florence Junction, AZ this weekend. That's a good trail. The only problem I had was the huge waterfall...I either need bigger tires, stickier tires or to learn a trick with big waterfalls (maybe all 3). Grantid, it was wet, but I can't ever seem to drag the ass end up ledges like this.

No issues here!

Another!

For those of you following my 6 year long build thread (all 2 of you)...you can see I have installed the side panels and started painting! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I ran Axle Alley in Florence Junction, AZ this weekend. That's a good trail. The only problem I had was the huge waterfall...I either need bigger tires, stickier tires or to learn a trick with big waterfalls (maybe all 3). Grantid, it was wet, but I can't ever seem to drag the ass end up ledges like this.

That's the line for your wheelbase (ours are close), maybe the rear over to pass a bit, but I haven't seen that obstical for about six months. You've got to pick a useful gear and pin it. Oh... You look scared :flipoff2:
Your junks looking good man!

·
Registered
486 Posts
That's the line for your wheelbase (ours are close), maybe the rear over to pass a bit, but I haven't seen that obstical for about six months. You've got to pick a useful gear and pin it. Oh... You look scared :flipoff2:
Your junks looking good man!
Thanks Man...

Yeah I agree, the rear to the pass a little would have helped now that I see the pics. And, you're right I should have given it a little more skinny pedal, there was no crawling that day because it had been raining for 2 days the driver front was actually spinning in a puddle. Next time I'll get it.

Is your truck back together yet, or are you prepping for KOH and ignoring yours?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Good to see you enjoying it!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Bead Locks

Got a set of weld-on beadlocks from Total Metal Innovations. This is their King's Crown Design in 3/16". Very nice quality product for a reasonable price. I welded them to a set of FJ Criuser 17"x7.5" Steel Wheels. The additional width made the wheels nearly 8.5" wide.

Shipped nicely

Welding

Rattle can semi gloss

Powder coated the rings and mounted a set of used 37" Reds

Factory centers on the rear

Poser Pic in front yard

Ready to wheel again!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I find it strange that everything you weld with this machine sticks and everything Steve Hunt welded with it came apart.

Apparently your doing something right !!!

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
486 Posts
I find it strange that everything you weld with this machine sticks and everything Steve Hunt welded with it came apart.

Apparently your doing something right !!!

:smokin::smokin::smokin:
LOL...i wouldn't call myself a welder, but I can stick 2 pieces of metal together with it. I actually hated to grind all of these welds smooth, they came out pretty good. No leaks! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I didn't know you could weld :flipoff2:

I think we're headed to Socorro this weekend if you wanna join..

281 - 300 of 317 Posts