Pirate 4x4 banner

301 - 317 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I didn't know you could weld :flipoff2:

I think we're headed to Socorro this weekend if you wanna join..
I can't this weekend, planning to take a few newbies on a "stocker run" to Monticello Canyon on Sunday 3/23. I'm thinking Socorro 3/29.

Did you get your junk fixed yet? I still have your wheel :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Did you get your junk fixed yet? I still have your wheel :flipoff2:
Nope, buggy's still down, and race truck tore apart for prep.. I'll be riding bitch.

I haven't forgot about my tire... Just make sure you Armor All it before you give it back..

·
Registered
486 Posts
37 Reds

First time out with the 37" Reds...what a difference :grinpimp:

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
stickies make you feel like a rock star

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Everyone looks bored, and uninterested in this pic :flipoff2:

stickies make you feel like a rock star
Oh no, he IS a Rock Star! This was a fairly new trail, that to our knowledge no one has completed.. Until yesterday. We started out with Four rigs, Three of them very well built on 40's, Two of those running sticky's. At the spot the pics were taken a D70 pinion was blown, the other two rigs didn't even try to get that far. As always pics do no justice.. Jim made that trail his bitch! #81 works VERY well! It's kinda cute too :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Oh no, he IS a Rock Star! This was a fairly new trail, that to our knowledge no one has completed.. Until yesterday. We started out with Four rigs, Three of them very well built on 40's, Two of those running sticky's. At the spot the pics were taken a D70 pinion was blown, the other two rigs didn't even try to get that far. As always pics do no justice.. Jim made that trail his bitch! #81 works VERY well! It's kinda cute too :flipoff2:
this is a common ftoy story. theres some weird misconception out there in wheeler land that says that because a rig has one tons and a v8 on it, it will be more capable than the ftoy rig :shaking: just the weight disadvantage alone is enough to put money on the ftoy. when it comes to technical trail crawling, its hard to be more capable than an ftoy. the thing is so light and has a ton of clearance, with stickies and double low, it just goes right where you want it to.

·
Registered
486 Posts
#81 works VERY well! It's kinda cute too
Thanks for the props Brian...next time we take your junk through there!:flipoff2:

when it comes to technical trail crawling, its hard to be more capable than an ftoy. the thing is so light and has a ton of clearance, with stickies and double low, it just goes right where you want it to.
I agree with this...it is exceptionally stable as well, you do have to get used to tires hanging in the air sometimes though :D

The other thing that helped in this spot was the shape of the chassis. Since it is straight back from the A pillar to C pillar I was able to grind along the large rock out cropping on the driver's side instead of getting wedged. Good design AirRide :smokin:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Painted

After a year worth of "shake-down" runs...I threw some paint on it and a few stickers. :grinpimp:

Then went wheelin'

I think I'm gettin' all I can out of the front leaves and 14" Bils...:flipoff2:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wheelin' over Memorial Day Weekend

The rig is working really well...

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
301 - 317 of 317 Posts