Pirate 4x4 banner

601 - 612 of 612 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
Big thanks to JAVI 4x4 for the video. This is what happens when you put a helmet on and do dumb stuff

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #604

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
I can't believe you found that rock twice. :laughing:
you and me both...was one of those times when once it went wrong it just got worse. Still shake my head how the hell I did that. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
The Nor Cal Rock Racing series for 2018 is now in the books. We had no shot of getting anywhere near the podium after our DNF in round 2. Blew a PS pump which caused all kinds of issues and we couldnt scramble our way into the main.

Heat 1 we were supposed to have 5 cars but ended up with only 3. We tried to keep in touch with James Hubbard and managed to stay within shouting distance over the 5 laps which was a win considering how fast that guy is

Heat 2 they combined all the 4800s so there were 11 cars in the heat. Started 3rd and were able to hold position for the entire heat and finished 3rd. About half way through the heat we lost 2nd gear but were able to keep it together... We didn't have a spare trans or the means to fix anything so we were going into the main with no 2nd gear praying the trans wouldnt blow up

Main event we staged in 3rd knowing a good start probable would not happen because of having to jump from 1st to 3rd in the trans but we were going to give it hell. Long story short we dropped to 6th and then gained speed through the race picking cars off, and just missed getting on the box by .6 seconds.

Hell of an effort from our rag tag crew, and one hell of a good time.

https://youtu.be/PCJnQdBej94

https://youtu.be/0F0_PrPs7j4

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #609
not adding the spare tire carrier on the back its ~151" long tip to tip

Standard chassis. In some of the rock racing vids its running tall though for more uptravel hitting jumps

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
Anytime. Drew is an awesome guy to work with and I am glad to help him whenever I can :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
Blew apart the intermediate sprag in our TH350 at the last race for NorCal. Had the trans rebuilt but still do not have 2nd gear. Is it possible that the manual valve body is toast or did I re-toast the sprag again in short order? Thoughts?

Am at a loss and really dont want to have to pull the trans again... :(

601 - 612 of 612 Posts