Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a heavy duty full length expedition roof rack for my HDJ80 (1997). Any suggestion of model and suppliers in Europe?
Rgds,
Peder Silfverhjelm (Sweden)

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
ARB makes a very heavy duty and high quality one that is so rugged you could sleep in it with no problems. It is also pretty expensive though... $600+ US Dollars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. For sure. However they sell them in Sweden (thru Rindab) but they will cost roughly USD 1000 here!
Any more suggestions?
Peder

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
In Europe you can look into Brownchurch (not 100% sure if it's Land Rover-specific) and Hannibal, which are South African made but available throughout Europe. Your best bet is to buy a couple of magazines and start calling!

The ARB rack is very, VERY nice, but besides being expensive, it's also heavy and very solid. With roof racks, you want the rack to give before it rips out the gutter mounts.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Peder -
I had the ARB and sold it. Was just too heavy in terms of weight. Nice and solid, too heavy.

Just got the hannibal - some quality issues with it so far, but with a few minor welds to the alum crossmembers and it should be fine.

good luck and :flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found one rack in France and ordered it to check. It's a quite simple one. The price is about $300. I'll test it and let you know.
You'll found it at: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jtts.4x4/galeries.htm
I will also buy som of these nasty coloured 4X4 magazines and look around.
You seems to be so helpful so I launched another thread concerning under body protection.
rgds,
Peder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts