Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
1. What was the sound when he landed? Looked like he was checking something afterwards?

2. Way to run over a tree

·
Vendor
6,979 Posts
I heard that was the sound of two front walker evans b-locks destroying about 8-10" of inner bead! Um yeah what's the cost of those wheels per piece again? I talked to one of my buddies on the phone last night on their way home and those guys were doing some crazy shit yesterday........ Leave it to Branik Motorsports.................... Glad to be one of their sponsors, just glad its not for wheels!

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
About running over the tree, it is a private park but that was kinda lame. Its definitely discouraged and people have been thrown out of the park for destroying trees in the past.

On the jump the rear suspension bottomed out hard. One front wheel was destroyed and the other was smashed up but still holding air. They were actually Eagle Alloy wheels with OMF beadlocks. The impact blew the bottom out of both seats!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to be one of their sponsors, just glad its not for wheels!
Rosco was quoted afterwards saying that he may go back to steel wheels.

You could be seeing an order for some more DIY beadlocks this Winter.

FEI (for everyone's info): That's now three of those wheels that he's broken. Every time, the inner bead cracks off the wheel shell. I can see now why guys are having reinforcing rings welded to the inner beads.

cmk

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
One front wheel was destroyed and the other was smashed up but still holding air. They were actually Eagle Alloy wheels with OMF beadlocks. The impact blew the bottom out of both seats!

When it comes to bead locks theirs only one word " Spyderlocks"

They are by far the toughest wheel we have ever used.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
They were Eagle/OMF's
Stan has the Walker evans'
I will stay with my H1's
I remember years ago "Monoque wheel" made FORGED wheels for drag racing. They were very similar in appearance to centerlines of the time.

*edit* the sound it made on the landing was "expensive":eek:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
About running over the tree, it is a private park but that was kinda lame. Its definitely discouraged and people have been thrown out of the park for destroying trees in the past.

On the jump the rear suspension bottomed out hard. One front wheel was destroyed and the other was smashed up but still holding air. They were actually Eagle Alloy wheels with OMF beadlocks. The impact blew the bottom out of both seats!
I figured it was wheels or air shocks, just not sure which

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Paid private park, you can do that here w/o fearing losing all your wheeling ground...........
That may be the case, but how many people who watch that video would know that? Less than 1%? I doubt running over trees is encouraged, and if I did it, you wouldn't catch me loading a video on youtube showing it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That may be the case, but how many people who watch that video would know that? Less than 1%? I doubt running over trees is encouraged, and if I did it, you wouldn't catch me loading a video on youtube showing it.
Drop it man. Tree hugging is not the topic of this thread.

cmk

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
When it comes to bead locks theirs only one word " Spyderlocks"

They are by far the toughest wheel we have ever used.
Toyo has a lot to do with that as well, being able to run 12-14 PSI in comp is a huge advantage! I know both us and RJ are having really good luck with rims this year as well. With all the stupid stuff we have done all year and with the number of bent Walkers I have seen, to still have all our rims in perfect condition is amazing! I'm not knocking the Spyderlocks by any stretch, they are sick, I wouldnt mind switching to a KMC/PS rim... maybe in the future.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I broke two WEvans this year and have switched to the new TRs now. I like Poison Spyders but couldnt get a returned phone call when I bought my new wheels. I cleared the table top BOTH laps during the race and didnt break anything. Anyone get a vid of the Caddi? BS

·
Registered
950 Posts
Enough about the stupid tree! Its a stupid sappling growing in the bottom of a rock quarry. You know, a place the bulldoze and blast with dynamite! Trees dont stand a chance there anyway. That tree wasnt in the course during the XRRA. I do respect trees, one got me at Gray Rock. I do stay on the trails when out wheeling. Nothing pisses me off more to see tracks off the trail. He should have gone around it. but I think self control may be a problem, LOL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts