Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey anyone have info on a mazda rotary motor swap i have seen it done but have never heard of any details on the swap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i did search but didnt find much. there are acually semi not rude people here on pirate i get burned on every question. give me a break im only 16.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No one gets a break here. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I am more then happy to help people out if they have done there homework. You have not.

You are what we all call a newb. Asks a dumb question that has been covered many times. He is told to search, then comes back and snipes about the Pirate members.

If you are 16, then you are plenty old enough to figure things out and ask better questions.

-Wayne

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wayne, on the subject of homework, I'm looking for more. I've read through the archives, your 40 pages, most of the 2nd gen FSM and even been cruising through a few RX7 forums. You have any other sources you think I should look at before I go rotary?

Thanks,
Troy

rotozuk said:
I am more then happy to help people out if they have done there homework. You have not.

You are what we all call a newb. Asks a dumb question that has been covered many times. He is told to search, then comes back and snipes about the Pirate members.

If you are 16, then you are plenty old enough to figure things out and ask better questions.

-Wayne

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm gonna throw you a bone here, because i'm not sure if this info is linked from Wayne's thread/site or not, it's been a while since i looked at his stuff...

Anyway, you should have been able to find it with some creative google searching. :shaking:

Check this link out.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Yep, that google search takes you to Troy G's pages. He is the grandpappy of rotary swaps. He really knows his stuff. After reading his stuff, I decided to take the plunge.

My pages are a total mess.. Hopefully they might give someone an idea of what to look out for. Turns out after I decided to drop that engine I found a supplier that could have sold me the part I needed. A bellhousing that mates the rotary to the toyota transmission. D'ooh! But then again they wanted $1200 for it.

I like the rotary engines, and would love to see someone else document their fun with it. I think they will make great crawling motors, and still be fun in the dirt roads, etc. The package is about the right size, and they have pretty good power. Build one up and have some fun.

As a side note, as soon as i get pretty serious about a motor swap, I start reading about everything I can find about the package. This often times envolves a lot of google searches, and joining some messages bases dedicated to that vehicle. The message bases are often times the best knowledge source as you will get to learn what weaknesses the package has, and know what to look out for. Often times this type of information just does not make it onto the web sites, etc. To this day I'm still a member of the local Mitsubishi club, and still learning things about my engine, and picking up parts. heck, I sold all of the parted out stuff that I did not need to list members.

-Wayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts