Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is prolbaby a pretty dumb question but iv never had my xcase off or really even looked at how it bolted on to the tranny, so im wondering if it is possible to unbolt it and rotate and then bolt it back on, id like to get my xcase up above the bottom of the frame rails if possible and it looks like the room is there. Or if its not possible id at least like to know so I can start working on a new skidplate :)

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
clocking your t-case...

Hey man, whats up?? OK. Everything depends on what kind of transfer case you have, I am not sure what ford pute in the rangers... Some are really easy others require a lot of custom work....Cross members and shit like that...Also keep in mind that the more you clock the t-case the more of an angle you pute on your front driveline..... If you are interested. I can call some people that live in San Jose and see if they are interested in walking you through the process. I am in Santa cruz and I am not so familiar with your specific application. I will be glad to help if I can though. Jeremy

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I highly doubt it. Ford used an oddball asymetrical 5-bolt pattern on the mid-size (RBV) cases. Without looking at it, I can't say, but I don't think theres enough material next to any of the holes to drill for new studs.

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Yup......

I called some friends that are more familiar with those vehicles....It can be done supposedly, but no one wants to do it...... I am sorry I couldnt be more help... Jeremy

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
rerard, you still have a v6 right?

theres some room to shim it up under the tranny mount..but if i remember right you have no body lift at all. if you put 1 in spacers on you could shim it up even more

or you can use a 5 degree or so modified pinion wedge under the tranny mount and space up the drivers side engine mount to tilt the whole drivetrain a little or a combination of both.

it may not be too expensive to have your extension housing on the trans cut and turned either. but you want someone sharp and with the experience to run thier top notch equipment to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts