Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My d44 waggy axle has almost a 12" disc brake diameter, and if you add on the caliper, it makes them almost 13.5 inches in diameter. I am going to use 15" wheels, and need to have the backspacing at a minimum. Does this sound common to anyone? I can't believe the stock waggy wheels are deep dish style, but maybe they were.:confused:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I'm running waggy 44's f and r with standard GM 1/2 3/4 ton calipers, and standard GM 1/2 ton/waggy rotors.

15" with 4" back spacing works fine.

Never measured em, but they are pretty close to the insode of the wheel...

What rotors are you using?
If they work with the stock waggy caliper bracket, and standard GM caliper you shoudl be all set...

MJ:confused:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shit, then I don't know how come my 15 inch wheels are hitting big time! I could not even put the wheel on if the brake caliper was installed. I measured my wheels inner distance from the wms, and it is around 3.75, and the diameter of the inside of the wheel is around 14 inches. I have AR Baja wheels, which are an alloy wheel. Could it be that my rotors are too big and I might need to find a set from another axle or brand of rig? Fawk, I did not wanna spend big bucks on custom wheels, but I need to run 15's because I have the tires already.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Waggies came with 15" wheels. You shouldn't have to go to a different size wheel/tire for them to work. Possibly your wheels have a different shape than most 15" wheels.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have the GM calipers on my 44 and had to clearance them with the grinder....they were lightly scrubbing the rim.

note that if you add wheel spacers that you will gain clearance.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I had a slight clearance problem on my front 44 but that was due to 3" backspacing on the wheels. In order to get 3" BS, they inverted the center in the shell. I wish I'd have known they were going to do that... if I had, I would have gone to 3.25" or whatever minimum it took to keep from inverting the centers.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, basically I guess I just need some way to try a few on there, but that pig is a bitch to just put it in the back of my rig and go to a wheel dealer to try some wheels out. Maybe that's what I'll do though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts