Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be running new brake lines, going from 4w drummies to 4w disc. The factory line to the rear goes down the passenger side of the frame, but couldn't I take it down the driver's side? Any real issues with this?
For my situation, it would make for an easier installation, and neater looking,too.
The only concern I could see would be the exhaust heat?
Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
on my rig, my exhaust heats up that side of the rig pretty good, especially crawling along on the trail. I would try to keep as far away from the exhaust as you can.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
IIRC the rear brake line distribution block is on the passenger side of axle so it made sense for the line to come back on that side. If exhaust heat is not an issue use either side. Keep safety in priority position when making brake part decisions.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Stock is down the RH framerail, away from exhaust. Maybe the majority of cruisers were built RHD and it was cheaper to crossover the firewall for LHD and use parts common to both setups from there back.

If you keep it far enough away from exhaust, or at least insulate it well, I would expect that it would make no real difference...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts