Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the easiest m/c booster & pedal to swap in to an RRC.

Modulator is giving me ZERO brakes!!!

I've got Dana 44 both disks under it right now.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the firewalls similar between RRC and disco 1?

Can the pedals from the hydroboost RRC be used with the booster from either?

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Are the firewalls similar between RRC and disco 1?

Can the pedals from the hydroboost RRC be used with the booster from either?
The pedal box for the Disco has the steering column go through it. If you search, I posted pics of my making one fit an RRC.

The bolt patterns are identical.

Yes, the pedals can be used, I have a pedal box with a Strange engineering MC mocked up on it but haven't had time to finish it.

Check your PMs.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you give me a hint of when you might have posted the pics or a thread title? You have a zillion posts ��

·
Registered
151 Posts
Unbolt the module…pull the pin/clip from inside hooked to the pedal…replace with D1 booster…put pin/clip back in pedal! Done! Direct bolt in other then lines.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just logged back in today to see what I found out today...it will bolt right up...I got as junkyard booster and m/c from a guy on a semi-local board as I wasn't sure how it would all bolt up!
Pt.... Any ideas on proportioning valve....is there no wires on a LR one, just in the cap if pressure front or back is lost? Could I just use a reg prop valve ( from a jeep/dodge) if the wires are in cap?

I will have to figure out my lines as I had done a 2 into 1 for each front wheel and ran each back line to each rear caliper...I may just run new brake lines as I have d44 calipers on all 4 corners.
Making some progress is always rewarding��

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I just logged back in today to see what I found out today...it will bolt right up...I got as junkyard booster and m/c from a guy on a semi-local board as I wasn't sure how it would all bolt up!
Pt.... Any ideas on proportioning valve....is there no wires on a LR one, just in the cap if pressure front or back is lost? Could I just use a reg prop valve ( from a jeep/dodge) if the wires are in cap?

I will have to figure out my lines as I had done a 2 into 1 for each front wheel and ran each back line to each rear caliper...I may just run new brake lines as I have d44 calipers on all 4 corners.
Making some progress is always rewarding��
There is no mechanism for reporting to the driver if pressure is lost if you've removed the ABS. The only warning lights now are low fuel and hand brake applied.

In your case, I'd suggest a cheapie proportioning valve from Summit/Jeg's/Speedway and patience and care in adjusting.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so everything is bolted up...lines not done yet.

PT 2 quick questions.....
1. where do I get vacuum from on the 3.9L?
2. if the level drops wouldn't the light come on anyway? (float in reservoir)

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
so everything is bolted up...lines not done yet.

PT 2 quick questions.....
1. where do I get vacuum from on the 3.9L?
2. if the level drops wouldn't the light come on anyway? (float in reservoir)
There is a port on the middle portion of the intake manifold. On the RRC, it has a plug. On a DI, the plug is replaced with a one-way valve and a hose barb.

As for the light, it comes on when the parking brake is activated and fluid level falls. That said, one can lose pressure for more reasons than a leak.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Now when you say plug I'm guessing that it's a bolt on the intake....about a 19MM head there's vac lines on two similar looking spots on intake.
Is the one way on the booster?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts