Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both of those kits look exactly the same, I would be getting it from spidertrax, I was just looking for some input on the 1/4 elliptic kit, does anybody run this? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Vu14TJ said:
Both of those kits look exactly the same, I would be getting it from spidertrax, I was just looking for some input on the 1/4 elliptic kit, does anybody run this? Is it worth it?
It's the same kit, RRO just sells them. It works, that's about all your going to get from this board. and it depends on what you want it for.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Overpriced, perhaps... but not as bad as a certain coil rear kit for a jeep. *cough* avalanche *cough*

I'm holding off on doing something like this until I'm confident in my fabbing skills to build it myself. I have a buddy that runs the avalanche coil/4-link system in his CJ. He loves the damn thing... and it impresses me on the trail, I just had a heart attack when he told me how much it cost him. :eek:

These are 37s, not 33s like it looks:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Spidertrax just finished my LWB Zuk... it looks great... haven't wheeled it yet. I did put it on the ramp, it flexed incredible. I had them set it up a lil stiff... I will break it in, get the rig fully loaded then re-evaluate the spring packs. The 1/4 ellip didn't cost any more or less then coils... I think it will flex better and manage body roll better. Remember the coil setup on Zuks are narrow, the 1/4 ellip is outbound on the frame. Eddie did a really nice job. Fully loaded sidewinders turned out great as-well. Sorry I can't offer more, yet. We have ZukiFreeze coming up, that will probably be the first test out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Spidertrax 1/4 eliptic kit on my rig. I was one of the first people to try it out (not like 1st-2nd more like 10-20). Since it was in its infancy I got to be a kind of beta tester of it to find its weaknesses. Any weaknesses or problems I had were taken care of promptly by Tom @ Spidertrax. They are true believers in customer service, a major plus. All of the things I had go wrong have been fixed for any kit they sell now since it has been almost a year since I had one. Its a sweet kit, lazer cut materials, only the best rod ends on the market and really strong materials. It does flex very well, especially for something right out of the box. And it rides well and is safe ON road as well. If you want more info or photos, just email me.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You two guys with the 1/4 elliptical kits got any pics to post? I'm putting a 1/4 elliptical suspension on my rig and would like to see yours. I'm using Spidertrax springs and spring hanger, but making my own links and crossmember, so pics would help me out :D

Thanks
:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.