Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home.
Very tired but I wanted to take the time to say a special thanks to the
RROCK crew. Your efforts and dedication are so very much appreciated.
We thank those of you new to judging that hung around all weekend watching, listening and learning. We appreciate you and welcome you as new members of the RROCK Mafia.

Had some fun times hanging out at the BBQ Smokehouse with some of you and the entire group of Arkansas competitors. (Boiled peanuts?....not my thing:shaking:)
BTW....Arkansas ruled this weekend. Every 1st place team was from your great state.

Thanks to Tom Campbell and Rockcrawlers for Christ for their continued support.

Some unbelievable scores in the Legends Class...all negative scores!Fuller, Gable (1st & 2nd)and a huge surprise from Figge for the 3rd place finish!

A rarely unheard of loss for Derek West after breaking 3 axles in the Modified Stock Class. However Derek and Ritchie still pulled off a 3rd place!Congrats to Kyle and Kyle for the win.

Branden Blume pulled off his 1st ever 1st place finish as driver in the Pro Modified Class! (Sorry, no crazy roll over videos from this event from Branden:p)

Ken and Branden Blume working so well together pulled off the win in the Super Mod Class with Jake Gochenour (Now known as Mr. G) and Casey truly showed why Rockcrawling is truly a TEAM sport as they pulled off the 2nd place finish and put on a great show.

Thanks to you, the competitors. We applaud your showmanship.
We respect your sacrifice,teamwork,endurance and amazing skill.

All of us, TOGETHER...the RROCK crew of volunteers, the Competitors,Tom and I ...exist in this manner only because of and for each other and the promotion of what we enjoy.

Event Results:

Modified Stock
Bruso/Holland 37 pts 1st place
Good/Angell 43 pts 2nd place
West/Keller 76 pts 3rd place
Aubuchon/Horschman 86 pts
Barlow/Sommers 91 pts
Terhune/Dawes 106 pts
Snider/Lachman 117 pts
Keener/Catron 124 pts
Grady/Grady 144 pts
Jones/Jones 147 pts
Catt/Catt 155 pts
Koenig/Marion 174 pts

Legends
Fuller/Bruso -98 pts 1st place
Gable/Holland -72 pts 2nd place
Figge/Brandt -61 pts 3rd place
Cooper/Melnick -50 pts
Grady/Grady -38 pts
McDaniel/Werdehausen -35 pts
Thornton/Jones -6 pts

Pro Mod
Blume/Blume 21 pts 1st place
Buerman/Duvall 63 pts 2nd place
Marion/Koenig 139 pts 3rd place
Sandin/Johnson 140 pts
Knorr/Dando 198 pts

Super Modified
Blume/Blume 3 pts 1st place
Gochenour/Casey 20 pts 2nd place
Chilton/Benn 48 pts 3rd place
Patt/Murray 60 pts
Verheecke/Endres 120 pts
Cascada/Young 172 pts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Josh, it was a pleasure meeting you and your crew.
You put that rig of yours that would qualify for our Legends class through
those tough Super Mod courses. Very awesome to see you drop off of the
bonus on A5!:eek:
Thanks for making the trip from Denver.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Just doing some quick figuring on the Mod Stock Series Points, and it looks like it could go many different ways. Derek doesn't have it quite locked up, but he is close. Team Rubber Belly Racing Needs to pull off a great event. The battle from 1st to 4th is going to be tight in October. Can't wait to see everyone again.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yeah scott would have to fill you in on the scenarios but if the trend continues where we have a good finish and kyle and derek also are at the top it will be a matter of who is the winner of the last event. Kyle, us or Derek could take the series with a win in the finals.
WOW! Gonna be a big crowd there I'm sure to see how that all plays out!
Congrats to everybody who survived saturday. The rain definately made things tough. Even with a 2nd place finish I still feel like we got beat bad. Tom and Mother nature won this round be we will be back for another test!
Jake

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Did you forget about us being able to finish 2nd? I think I figured that if we win, and Derek finishes 3rd and you 2nd, and kyle and kyle lower than 4th, we take second or third. I'm not totally sure. There are a lot of things that have to happen. It will make for a fun day in Oct.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well I can't wait till October. I will be missing my spotter because he has a baby girl due right around that time. So we will be bringing inour mentor and friend John Loyd to spot for team Ballzout at the event in October. Hey willymutt what are the odds on us bringing home a check for the series? LOL

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
Thank you to Tom, Debbie, all of the RROCK staff, and all of the competitors for being such a great group of people.

If I am wrong please correct me. The points at this time.
West/Keller 298 (3 events)
Good/Angell 297 (3 events)
Bruso/Holland 197 (2 events)

If either of the three listed above win in October they will win the series. This is based on if I understand the tie breaker rule. If any one other than the above three win, West/Keller will win the series and we (Good/Angell) will get second. There is many more ifs these are just the ones running in my head right know.

Scott

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
If you win in October that will give you a best of three score of 296 which will give you third if Bruso/Holland finish second or worse.

Did you forget about us being able to finish 2nd? I think I figured that if we win, and Derek finishes 3rd and you 2nd, and kyle and kyle lower than 4th, we take second or third. I'm not totally sure. There are a lot of things that have to happen. It will make for a fun day in Oct.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
The Geo needs a win (deserves it too) to tie derek for first, with him finishing 3rd or worse (unlikely)

Good and West are fighting for 1/2nd
Kyle and us are fighting for 3rd and can't get any better

but the way things go for me, if we think about it we'll end up last so from this point on the goal is to have fun and finish were we finish.

Now who's goin to Disney for labor day??

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
If Jake wins, us 2nd, Derek 3rd, and Kyle 4th Jake wins, Derek 2nd, us 3rd

If We win Jake and Derek flip. We stay the same

If Kyle wins Kyle takes 2nd, and Jake takes 3rd

We have to beat Kyle to get 3rd. That is all there is to it. We are just going to have fun though and not over think the courses like we did this weekend.

Louie, I think you can buy the beer for the after party. That is your win!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Erin you know we always have cold stones in the fridge. Heck we always party afterwards just because we survived the courses and didn't roll. I think if Derek Wins he should provide a keg and do some karoke for us since he is such a rock star. LOL

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wow!!! Where to start!!!! I would like to say sorry for leaving so fast. Had a blast but four over tired and over heated kids needed to get home and get to bed for first day of school.
Our best comp ever. My mom's suprise appearance and Ben's dad showing up was a huge boost for us.
A million thanks as always to Tom, Debbie, and crew for an outstanding day.
Just about got that little zuki figured out. It sure felt good kickin some butt instead of getting my butt kicked all the time. Amazing how one of the easiest part of a course can rain on your parade. Had a dream that the course was fixed and under that rock ledge was a big electric magnet that Tom turned on just to F with me.
Ben did a great job spotting and our scores for the day where -24-25-15 +38-24 That 38 is what keeps ya comming back for more +38 to -28 is a 66pt dif and would of made a -116 for the day.
If I ever win one I'm not gonna miss saying woulda coulda shouda.
will post some pics later

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Well I can't wait till October. I will be missing my spotter because he has a baby girl due right around that time. So we will be bringing inour mentor and friend John Loyd to spot for team Ballzout at the event in October. Hey willymutt what are the odds on us bringing home a check for the series? LOL
If you win the last event
Kyle finishes 7th or worse
We finish 6th or worse
you get 3rd for the series

Barlow is one point ahead of you and has similar scenario for 3rd

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wonder what the tie breaker is?
Stated on the first page of the 2007 rules:

Tie Breaker for series-- If, after the last event in a series, two or more or the top 10 competitors have the same “series point total”, a tiebreaker will be used to determine finishing position. The competitor with the most first place finishes will be the first tie-breaker. The second tie-breaker will be the finisher with the highest placing in the final event.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
My mistake, I thought it was the best finish in the last event. Looks like we need to finish two ahead of the Kyles to get 3rd.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts