Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 192 Posts

·
5,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
I must say from the day we spent on the hay bales along the river many years back (forming RTF), to now and this -- SWEEEEEEET. Congrats to all and THANK you for the hard work to make this happen.

Now on to a brigther future for our trail....
thanks, Del

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
You'd think the public would have access by now. I thought that was Mark Smiths wishes. Seems like too many people want to be king of the mountain, and or control property that doesn't belong to them. What's taking so long?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You'd think the public would have access by now. I thought that was Mark Smiths wishes. Seems like too many people want to be king of the mountain, and or control property that doesn't belong to them. What's taking so long?
AGREED! I said from day one there is to much political BS hoops to jump through when the end result doesn't change except the time taken. Quit playing "nice" and conforming and make shit happen, otherwise all the money spent on the property is wasted money, mind as well of thrown it out the window while driving down the highway!

·
5,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I predict it will happen, then again, I predicted that when the purchase was announced. I really haven't wavered from that, just surprised and frustrated it still has not happened.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Who is holding up this process? As a user I d like to get down there. Someone must be holding this up. It shouldn't be this hard.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Who is holding up this process? As a user I d like to get down there. Someone must be holding this up. It shouldn't be this hard.
No Easement currently exists and the "land owners" of said property are unwilling to negotiate a reasonable fee for any recorded easements into rtf property. This all should have been "pre-negotiated" prior to RTF purchasing it. RTP plain and simple does not want people on their property or anywhere near it. They will go to any means necessary to make sure "access is denied". . . :shaking:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
So your saying fourwheelers are keeping fourwheelers from having access? I've met most of the RTP folks. Good people. Just like any group probably just a couple bad apples, with agendas, are gumming up the works.

·
Registered
520 Posts
No Easement currently exists and the "land owners" of said property are unwilling to negotiate a reasonable fee for any recorded easements into rtf property. This all should have been "pre-negotiated" prior to RTF purchasing it. RTP plain and simple does not want people on their property or anywhere near it. They will go to any means necessary to make sure "access is denied". . . :shaking:
Maybe some transparency would help a bit...

You appear to have displayed as much knowledge as anyone in public to date related to this issue. Anyone, with any interest in the trail, through campfire rumor, probably knows what bagman has posted (though some may disagree with his opinions of RTP).

John's deleted post from last night is interesting.

You state RTP owners are unwilling to negotiate a reasonable fee, what does your knowledge base yield to you as reasonable?

To be clear, as a property owner, I would not be excited about the impacts of this type or amount of traffic, along with the unlimited liability exposure, across land that I worked and paid for. Fourwheeler, or not, the general public is not entitled to that gratuity.

As you have gracefully touched upon, and given the lack of public disclosure as to the development plans for this property, errors were made in closing on that property without access; okay, that is in the rearview now. What RTF should have is an honest discussion about whether they had any business in the first place spending the public's trust at 6/7 times cashflow given the huge unknow operational burden this property will place on their corp. for years to come. If I am off on the numbers it may be because they haven't posted a budget here for sometime.

I highly doubt that RTF would prevail in court without a complete development plan, and even then, sketchy at best (not to mention expensive). And as the landowner, I wouldn't say yes at any price until I saw one. This isn't just an issue about a simple driveway to a private residence.

Four years later, the laughing gas long depleted, RTF should seek an alternative to ownership and return to their humble yet valuable core work on the trail. That, I could, and would support.

And a simple, yet telling reminder for those who ignore history, $1000 Hill was closed off by RTP due to liability concerns. That was about 50 feet of trail.

If I was a property owner in the area, I would be thinking about what a piece of property like this is really worth now, given the access issues.

Nice guys? Has nothing to do with personalities.

·
5,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
As per usual, the foundation is doing a better job than you give credit for Craig

41 - 60 of 192 Posts