Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
havent found what i was looking for but how do you go about judging yer RTI ram score? i wanna build a simple ramp to test out my rig and a few of my buddies but dunno how tall and what angle to make it and how to figure out the score

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's mathematical, the angle can be almost anything. A ramp travel index (rti) is between 15 to 30 degrees (mainly 20). here's the basic math: The distance traveled up the ramp is measured and is divided by your wheelbase and then multiplied by 1000 to give you your RTI score. the equation is r=d/b*1000

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's mathematical, the angle can be almost anything. A ramp travel index (rti) is between 15 to 30 degrees (mainly 20). here's the basic math: The distance traveled up the ramp is measured and is divided by your wheelbase and then multiplied by 1000 to give you your RTI score. the equation is r=d/b*1000
yeah i figured it was that easy just couldnt figure it out, thanks

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

:flipoff2:
Only if it's fresh from your mom's snatch :flipoff2:
Just thought I could maybe save him the trouble of building a ramp, sue me.
Also, if you have way to lift vertically like a forklift you can measure vertical distance and and there's calculators on the internet that will tell you RTI based on vertical distance.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the point? A ramp won't tell you how good a rig is on the trail.

ummm so my penis is bigger then others? wtf, tell me you never flexed yer rig out on a log or a ramp before. also a RTI is a good way to measure for shocks and check that nothing is binding

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Yeah but a lot of people get suckered into the false idea that a higher RTI score makes a better rig. It's just a magazine gimmick.

Yes I have flexed my junk on a ramp, but it was just that, flexing to see how balanced it was and see if tires rub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts