Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen these, but I cant remember who makes them. They basically look like a normal heim, but instead of having a ball in the center of the body there is a rubber bushing with a metal sleeve. I'm pretty sure I saw them hanging on one of the rod end manufacturers displays at SEMA but I cant remember who, and I'm striking out on my google fu.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can get them?

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
How big? Ballistic did that with their forged ends, not quite a heim though.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm not talking about Johnnie Joints. I actually sell those myself so I'd have no problem finding them :laughing:

I also refuse to buy anything from ballistic, cause we all know how well that works out.

I just found these from speedway which match what I was looking for, but I'd love to know if anyone else makes them.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-4-Bar-Rod-Ends,25122.html

Looking for a 5/8" thread, preferably with a 1/2" bore.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those are not like a hiem.....
Re-read my description, then look at the product. It's a threaded shank with a round body....very much like a heim. It has a rubber bushing and metal sleeve in place of a ball...just like I said. :rolleyes:

·
Liquid Iron Ind.
3,536 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Re-read my description, then look at the product. It's a threaded shank with a round body....very much like a heim. It has a rubber bushing and metal sleeve in place of a ball...just like I said. :rolleyes:
I have an older QA1 catalog with that as an option for their Rock Ends... However I don't see them listed now on their website and not sure where that Catalog ran off too. Midwest control carried something similar for a long time as well and that is now not to be found either... Dang man. Might be worth a shout to a QA1 dealer to see if they just aren't listed on their website?

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
I have an older QA1 catalog with that as an option for their Rock Ends... However I don't see them listed now on their website and not sure where that Catalog ran off too.... Might be worth a shout to a QA1 dealer to see if they just aren't listed on their website?
This.

Timmay, dust off that QA1 book on your shelf and take a look. :D

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I always called those "Boulder Bushings". I used to get them from Avalanche back in the day. Googling it seemed to be successful.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
No, I'm not talking about Johnnie Joints. I actually sell those myself so I'd have no problem finding them :laughing:

I also refuse to buy anything from ballistic, cause we all know how well that works out.

I just found these from speedway which match what I was looking for, but I'd love to know if anyone else makes them.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-4-Bar-Rod-Ends,25122.html

Looking for a 5/8" thread, preferably with a 1/2" bore.
Wasnt suggesting buying from ballistic, and you're saying Johnny joint, so how is what you linked any differant?

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
I know I've seen these, but I cant remember who makes them. They basically look like a normal heim, but instead of having a ball in the center of the body there is a rubber bushing with a metal sleeve. I'm pretty sure I saw them hanging on one of the rod end manufacturers displays at SEMA but I cant remember who, and I'm striking out on my google fu.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can get them?
Rusty's Offroad makes a forged joint that is close to what Ballistic offers. There two different versions, one uses a OEM TJ upper control arm bushing that just presses in the housing (2" wide). The other uses a OEM TJ lower control arm bushing, also a press in (2.63" wide). I have both in my garage if you need specs of specific pics. They do have a 1-1/4 shank but they might be available with smaller shanks. If you really wanted to, I'm sure you could machine down the threads and make them 5/8.

Not sure if that helps. If anyone knows of more places that has this style of bushed joint with 1-1/4 thread let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Evolution machine makes them, uses their large body joint and a large rubber bushing (superduty radius arm bushings come to mind).

·
Premium Member
762 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
|Hm. Thats actually exactly what he described in his first post.

Not even close. He very specifically stated he wanted a bushing assembly with a sleeve. Nowhere in it did he even come near the description of a spherical bearing type end. In fact, he eliminated it completely with this statement....

They basically look like a normal heim, but instead of having a ball in the center of the body there is a rubber bushing with a metal sleeve.
See that little part about not being spherical.

He further described it in post 4, and included a link to an item which met his criteria, but was at that point interested in additional sources.
I guess that if all you read about is the rubber isolator, then it fits the bill precisely, but if you read the entire post, or read all the way to post 4 he categorically rules it out.:shaking:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts