Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well with KOH 09 about 11 weeks or so away we figured we had better get started.
We are taking our Stock Mod Tracker to run in the KOH LCQ and we will do our best to make the BIG show as well.

Our plans are a new body, cage, minor suspension tweeks (I know it needs major tweeks), Grand Vitara 2.0l to replace the 1.6l, three speed auto to replace the 5spd(should be leaving for Jimmy's 4x4 this week), and custom 2500 rpm conv. Thats the main stuff. Here are a few pics, it has been put aside for the week while I get my rec rig ready for Wheeling for Toys and Kansas Rocks Park this weekend so new pics will be another week out or so.

Jake (Crawling driver KOH co-driver) on the left, Adam (crew member on the right)

Dubler to 300 and 3speed auto

Old harness

I think something is missing.

What a mess

Looking better

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
What kind of "minor" suspension tweeks are you looking at? I remember watching the other build up thread, what problems did you have with the old one?

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David, wheel base will still be 89".

Bones, Thanks, you are going correct?

513, 1/2" taller ride height and bump stops is all it is getting.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
What kind of "minor" suspension tweeks are you looking at? I remember watching the other build up thread, what problems did you have with the old one?

Yeah the major suspension he is talking about is the lack of any desert style parts on it. :D It works great for the comps though.

We are very excited to be bringing the smallest most underbuilt rig to race. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Thats kickass that you guys are giving it a run ! I look forward to catching up with you guys , although I dont know Jake well I have "known" him for along time from transactions back in the day and through mutual friends when I lived in Ks.

I love the underdog's , we got nothing to lose !

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got some more done.

Old engine, trans, harness, and radiator. Guy is coming to pick it up later today.

Old body

Old cage

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,752 Posts
Finally figured out how to beat the tracker, sabatoge the body swap somehow. :flipoff2:

Good luck with the rebuild. I'm curious to see what the cage looks like this time.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words guys. We plan to be on the lake bed by Sunday (2-22) around noon and plan to spend a good bit of time trying to figure out how to get up the big climb with out using the winch (which we will do if we have to). We do have alot to do, I guess it was a good time for me to lose my job so I can spend more time on the build.

Pat it will be good to see you Guys and Gals again.

Erin along with the body swap, we are going to a 2.0L Grand Vitara motor (from 97hp to 134hp), Tracker 3 speed auto, a 2500 rpm converter, and less gearing in the t-case. The new body will be cut at the pillars right at the tub and the new cage will be built and skined to look like a Tracker. This is all above the tub, the new tub will be just like the old one.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
agreed...

especially in a stock-mod rig on 35's...

I've never made it with 103ish and the 35s that I have... :(

any plans to go up a tire size? or get into a sticky tire?
As long as there's not huge diff hangers I don't think these boys will have a problem. That geo sticks to thing it shouldn't.

I'll be out there cheering you guys on!!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
We are very excited to be bringing the smallest most underbuilt rig to race. :grinpimp:

Uh.....Dont be taking my title, mothefuckle!! Rocking the 1.6 8v in the main event. Maybe you will be LCQ #10 and line up next to me on the line. Then we can see who REALLY didnt bring enough motor on our way to the rocks!!!

BTW-we will be there around that time, so if you guys need anything...parts, tools, moral support, beer, etc. swing by!!!

Rob

·
Registered
170 Posts
agreed...

especially in a stock-mod rig on 35's...

I've never made it with 103ish and the 35s that I have... :(

any plans to go up a tire size? or get into a sticky tire?
x2, you guys should probably stay home...

Whatever! Its going to be fun, just like the rookie RROCK year all over again. Looking forward to the trip!

Jason

1 - 20 of 230 Posts