Pirate 4x4 banner
201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yep, I'll have the big and small rigs to comp with. Looking forward to it.

But I was hoping a real comp rig would be there with the real comp driver and real comp spotters so you could school us rookies....
You must be talking about me and my green Tracker. Sorry don't think I can make it:D

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 · (Edited)
Yep, I'll have the big and small rigs to comp with. Looking forward to it.

But I was hoping a real comp rig would be there with the real comp driver and real comp spotters so you could school us rookies....
Bringing the Tracker down and running the courses is something that Jake and I have wanted to do since he started the comps at the park it just never seems to work out that it can get there. I am bringing my XJ down to run around and work on the trail clean up in the morning so that does not leave room to bring the Tracker. There are other reasons that the Tracker is not coming but we will leave those to be talked about later.

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
You must be talking about me and my green Tracker. Sorry don't think I can make it:D
Green? I thought you had a white one? Why don't you come down, you could kill two birds with one stone?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Green? I thought you had a white one? Why don't you come down, you could kill two birds with one stone?
The Green wrap will be comming off making it white again:D:D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Any updates?

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Any updates?
I have a new pic on my phone, I will txt it to you here in a little bit. We are waiting on the new cv and stub shafts from RCV. They should be here early next week, once they get here they and are installed then it is done.
Last night we got the wiring done, seats, harness, rear shocks, grille, headlights, and lexan door skins installed.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Just got it. Looks great. The doors look cool. The RCV place is 30 min from my house.

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
It's done, I want to thank Jeremy and Josh Hislop for all the time they spent helping get the car done.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Stoked to see it in person. The rig looks great. Thanks also to Jeremy and Josh for helping get it all together. I know how hard it is to find friends that are willing and ready to help get things done even though they don't get to share the glory of being on course. Job well done guys.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I real quick want to say how great the customer service has been through Kraig at RCV. He has always provided us with very quick turn around and addressing any of our concerns. As you notice below in the signature we are not sponsored by RCV and paid darn near full price for the axles. I am still in awe of the beautiful machine work and finish if their product!
Jake

·
Registered
443 Posts
The rig looks killer--ya can't go wrong with white!:D How thick of Lexan did you go with for the doors?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
How thick of Lexan did you go with for the doors?
The doors I believe are 1/8" Lexan. The tops are bent in a sheetmetal brake and the the rest are bowed to match the lines of the car. The bow and the brake make the doors really pretty rigid.

Jake

·
Vendor
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·

·
Registered
443 Posts
The doors I believe are 1/8" Lexan. The tops are bent in a sheetmetal brake and the the rest are bowed to match the lines of the car. The bow and the brake make the doors really pretty rigid.

Jake
They look good. I'm gonna try to get Scott to make me some for the Bad Taco. I rolled in Moab, and was lucky enuff to not tag the aluminum doors.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Yeah I saw the pics in the build thread....

I am sure he'll come up with something pretty slick for you! I like the way the trent fab buggys had the TF logo towards the bottom of the door. The rest of the door had a wrap over it but the logo was clear so you could see out.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hey Scott its Canyon. The truck looks so cool. I can't wait to drive it. Think you could spot me to a first place finish?:D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Canyon,
tell your dad you need Scott spotting, he's one of the best! I'll spot your dad so we can keep him out of your way! Can't wait to see what happens with this!!!!!
Thats awesome. Me and Travis will def get in everyones way

201 - 220 of 230 Posts