Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 230 Posts

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
XjRanger, Nope we are sticking with the 35" Coopers.

Thanks Jon, you going to make RROCK this year? I hope so.

Rob, You are safe in the engine area we are stepping up to a "big block" 2.0L Grand Vitara motor even if we would have kept the old one it was a 16V so you were still safe. :) As for the rig in general we way have you beat when it comes to under built, your rig is sick ours is a Tracker with very little down travel and even less up travel. We are however going to put bump stops in and raise it up 1/2". Dude if we could make the #10 LCQ spot and start next to you that would be sweet, just think 8 little chipmunks screaming off of the line at once. Thanks for the offer and the same to you anything we have that you would need just let us know.

Rubberbelly, you stay home, well wait a minute your riding out with me and I need you to help with expences so say what you want you are going.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ask Scott to Explain it to you. Something about a 40% increase in horse power.

Adam
As far as Zuk 4 cyl go it is big,calling it a big block was a joke.

Scott

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
The engine, trans, doubler, t-case are in, body is on, and cage is started. The cage still needs door bars, X brace, corner gussets, and seat bars. It will all come back apart for finish welding and paint. The space between the two B-pillars will be skinned to have the look of one wide B-pillar like a stock Tracker.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Jake, why do you always have to remind people you have a little "stick" I mean come on little "knife" sounds way cooler.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
211 Posts
As promised some of the pictures from this weekend.

When I got there Jeremy, Josh and Scott had gotten the pulley set up completed.

Jake started on Modifying the oil pan to allow us to keep the motor down low.

Finished Modified oil pan

Setting the position for the motor and checking the clearances

After figuring out BendTech and using a couple of sticks we got the drivers side bend up for the cage and checked for seat position

of course we had some issues and had to tweek the A pillar a little

Scott had preplanned this so he could run the bar up there

This is were it was Saturday night we Jake and I left.

Adam

21 - 40 of 230 Posts