Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 230 Posts

·
Vendor
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'll try and get some pictures up tomm. of the building of the cage. Scott that looks way better than when I left on Sunday.

Adam
Thats funny Adam, I don't remember you being here at all on Sunday, I think it was Jeremy and I while you and Jake were out playing and what was wrong with it when you left on Saturday that it looks so much better know.

For all things good and holy in this world rotate the pictures and repost them.

·
Vendor
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
A couple more pictures, we have been working on making and mounting the shifters, door bars, seat mounts, rockers, and some other little stuff. Our harness is in the works at Trail Tough and the trans is at Jimmy's, we have some parts showing up in the next day or two so we should be getting the shifters, sheet metal, bump stops, radiator mounts and brakes done pretty soon. We are hoping to have it tore down and painted and starting to
re-assemble by the end of the month so when the trans shows up we can put it in and shake the car down before we leave.

Scott

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
nice cage....looks like it'll take the backflip off of the waterfall on backdoor nicely :D:D:D

what's the plan for window nets?

·
Vendor
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Jon,
Thanks, a good bit of time was spent designing a cage that looks like a factory Tracker top. The space between the two b-pillars will be skined to look like the large single b-pillar from a Tracker. As for window nets, they will be custom made to fit the window openings. We are going to skin the lower portion of the door opening with Lexan.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Where the hell are the damn updates! Your all a bunch of slackers, you should know nothing is more important than keeping your build thread updated. :D

My next "little" project, going to have to get your rig all modeled up!

·
Vendor
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Not too much stuff that makes the car look different just lots of little things have been getting done. It is torn down for paint right now, we are shooting it this weekend. We are hoping to do a shake down run the 7th and 8th.

Scott

·
Vendor
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Paint is done other than the cage it still has some fab work to be done. We are waitng on some parts to finish it. It is a little farther together than the pictures show but not by much.

Scott

The body panels sitting on my 68 Commando

·
Registered
170 Posts
Buckling up for the maiden voyage after a slight setback from Saturday:

Rear facing orange glow looks awesome on the street too:smokin:

It is moving!

And here is a short video showing how Scott puts the tracker in the garage, you back from dinner yet Scott:flipoff2?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlJcBbBHpPw

41 - 60 of 230 Posts