Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 230 Posts

·
Vendor
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
so hows that 2.0 feel? Were in the middle of the process of putting it in our buggy(s) with a 4spd auto instead. Can't wait to try it:smokin:
Feels pretty good, with the 16v 1.6, 5 spd, and 11:1 in the cases the car would leave good but not really go any where. Now with the 2.0, 3spd auto and 4.71 in the cases it leaves good and keeps going.

Scott

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Got out and did some testing yesturday. It's rough at speed and will definatly need a tire hanging off the back to help settle the rear down but overall the new power and auto trans is going to be great! Definately want to thank the Jimmy's 4x4 crew for all of thier help with the transmission. GREAT people to deal with!
Thanks guys! Jake

·
Registered
409 Posts
what upgrades did you do to the transmission, i'm running the same drivetrain in the rig i'm building except for a 1.6 instead of 2.0. the tranny will start out stock and i figure by the end of the year i'll figure out exactly what i need to upgrade.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
We are working towards getting second gear to stay in second when we put it there. Still don't have it all worked out yet but Jim thinks he has a handle on it. Not sure what else he did to the trans while he had it out but I know he has spent quite a bit if time dialing it in for us. Give him a call when you get close. Great guy to work with and I am sure he can hook you up with everything that was done to ours for not much more than a standard rebuild.
Jake

·
Vendor
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
No new pictures, sorry.

The Tracker needs a horn, oil change, GPS mount, and stickers then onto the trailer. The truck and trailer are done and ready. We should be finished with the rig by Tuesday night. We are taking a break from working on things today. We will gets some pics of the finished car before we leave.

Scott

·
Vendor
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
732 Posts
You guys kick ass. Wish I was going to be there to cheer you guys on but saving money for the new rig. :D

·
Vendor
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
You guys kick ass. Wish I was going to be there to cheer you guys on but saving money for the new rig. :D

Thanks Kurt I wish you could be there also. See you at East #2.

Scott

·
Vendor
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I liked it for the most part, we need to put lower gears in the axles to help light the motor quicker out of the hole. With the 1.8 Tracker case, 2.62 in the 300, and 5.42s in the axles it seemed to run the best in 1.8 low range. This is where I ran it in the desert section of the LCQ race. With it in 2.62 it was not fast enough but in 1.8 3rd gear was too fast for the suspension so I ran in 1.8 in second gear and let the rev limiter keep my speed down but allowed me more by going to third if I felt the need (which I did to keep the back end from passing the front at one point and time). The converter stalls pretty high already, we don't want it any higher so we are going to try something like a 6.60 ring and pinion or somewhere around there.

61 - 80 of 230 Posts