Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Since your rig is light, doesn't have a lot of power, and only has 35" steet tires I would think the front end would be OK with some weight added to it. Kurt is probably running a 4.0L? If so then it probably does have quite a bit of front weight. If your rig weighed 2700lbs (just guessing) and was 50/50, adding 200lbs would get you to about 53%. That might be too much weight to start out with, but try filling them up halway and take it to Hannibal to practice some time. The ideal way to do it would be to practice with and without water in the same day. Traction and terrain changes so much on the east coast that climbs that you did last year may be better or worse than last year.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Since your rig is light, doesn't have a lot of power, and only has 35" steet tires I would think the front end would be OK with some weight added to it. Kurt is probably running a 4.0L? If so then it probably does have quite a bit of front weight. If your rig weighed 2700lbs (just guessing) and was 50/50, adding 200lbs would get you to about 53%. That might be too much weight to start out with, but try filling them up halway and take it to Hannibal to practice some time. The ideal way to do it would be to practice with and without water in the same day. Traction and terrain changes so much on the east coast that climbs that you did last year may be better or worse than last year.
Our rig is 3100lbs with driver, so 10 to 12 gallons of water in each tire and go from there. We try to stay on top of the front axle shafts, we change them out at least twice is not three times a year. Knock on wood we have yet to break one in competition but what we do is spread the yokes out and when that happens we change them.

As for the rear suspension set up, longer lower arms with less AS?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Kurt has a shortstar motor and does run water in front and rear weight unknown but you r right it does work very well! and the wheel base is around that number but not sure exactly. the rig works awesome with the wheel base and wieght ratio

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Kurt has a shortstar motor and does run water in front and rear weight unknown but you r right it does work very well! and the wheel base is around that number but not sure exactly. the rig works awesome with the wheel base and wieght ratio
I thought he ran a shortstar but I was not sure. Thank you very much for the info.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
hey jake scoot dont for get to build a door on the passanger side so that arron can get is foot in next time :smokin:
It's #1 on the list.

Congrats on the big dog pic taker dude award.

Scott

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I thought I might have some sequence shots from Rise Above photo but they were mainly drops and saves. and one non save... :flipoff2:
These were the only stills I have of a climb. This is after scott built a highway.....

Jake

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I'll try and get some climbing video's posted today Jake give me a second to go through them all.

Adam
"Today" has come and gone, gets some vids up! :flipoff2:

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Unfortunately, That was all luck.

I wish we had pictures or video of our first course on Saturday and the shootout. Because if the saves were all "luck" then you are one lucky bastard becuse you had alot of nice saves that weekend. Well and you have a really really really really really good spotter. :p
By the way I am home today with Nick who is out of school.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Thats one of them.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Okay here is the current status of the car. Cage is removed so that we can fix a few bent tubes and add some gussets to the front a pillars. If you’ll also notice the front axle is completely disassembled. We have some plans to upgrade our current 44-9 yet again. We don’t have all the parts ordered yet but once they show up we’ll break down what we have going on.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 230 Posts