Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 230 Posts

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #161

did you ever get new links? I hate to see such terrible abortion links on such a nice clean rig.
Nope, the conduit is holding up great. J/K

Those were used for mock up only, we got some Bad Ass 4130 links from Heteric Fab.

Scott

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #163

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I don't know how I forgot to post the pictures of the links! Taylor was great to work with on getting the links made. He had just bought some new threaded tube adapters and it turned out they were all machined crooked. So he sent us out a new set ASAP. Good product and they have been holding up great! We did go with the heavier tubing. Scott may have to correct me here but I think they were 1.75" x .250 wall chromoly.

Jake

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Well I guess it is about time we got started on the 2011 rebuild of the Tracker. I got it out of storage and home and Jake got the replacement body picked up and brought it over this morning. Here it is in it's current state.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
April 30th is our first event at Hannibal Rocks! It will be our first time wheeling at night there! Should be a good time!
Jake

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Something I wanted to note in this build was about the front axle. Like most people that run Dana 44's hard we had always had to put new balljoints in every season. It's what I had done in my bronco for years as well and we just considered it normal maintenance. This season we ran the car at least twice as many days and with 50lbs of water in each tire. I am not sure if it was the Reid knuckles or the RCV joints but the ball joints are still tight! :flipoff2:

So maybe fancy Ballistic Fab ball joints or the like aren't the answer when the problem actually lies somewhere else.

Jake

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Jake and Jeremy were over tonight and we go a little further on the tear down.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Making some progress.

Attachments

·
#30 ProMod
905 Posts
Looking good.
Tell all the guys hello.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Should be ready for paint this weekend, the black should get sprayed. The color won't be on for another week or so because I messed up on getting a hood here in time

Attachments

·
#30 ProMod
905 Posts
What color did you decide on?

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #175

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Just reread the whole thread again.:D
Here's a pic of a stalker sitting in the drivers seat.:D

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Jake is shooting color on the car as I type this. New color for this car, I will put up some pics later.

·
Vendor
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #179 (Edited)
Some things have changed with ours plans for the Tracker so it is no longer red.

The rear section of the cage will go on later next week and then it along with the inside of the tub,the rear bumper, and the body line down on the quarters will be black.

Rear quarters

Front fenders

Hood

161 - 180 of 230 Posts