I don't know how I forgot to post the pictures of the links! Taylor was great to work with on getting the links made. He had just bought some new threaded tube adapters and it turned out they were all machined crooked. So he sent us out a new set ASAP. Good product and they have been holding up great! We did go with the heavier tubing. Scott may have to correct me here but I think they were 1.75" x .250 wall chromoly.
Well I guess it is about time we got started on the 2011 rebuild of the Tracker. I got it out of storage and home and Jake got the replacement body picked up and brought it over this morning. Here it is in it's current state.
Something I wanted to note in this build was about the front axle. Like most people that run Dana 44's hard we had always had to put new balljoints in every season. It's what I had done in my bronco for years as well and we just considered it normal maintenance. This season we ran the car at least twice as many days and with 50lbs of water in each tire. I am not sure if it was the Reid knuckles or the RCV joints but the ball joints are still tight! :flipoff2:
So maybe fancy Ballistic Fab ball joints or the like aren't the answer when the problem actually lies somewhere else.
A forum community dedicated to custom off-road vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about trail reports, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fabrication, drivetrain, and more!