Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
You are going to want to plate over the factory "crumple" zone just ahead of your factory strut tower. It will fatigue and start cracking with any heavy use/winching. We've just fixed this permanently on a kick that was done the same way (factory coil mounts). It had been repaired so many times over the last 7 years we basically cut it off just after the tower on the outside and just behind on the inside (made a diagonal in two planes for strength) and re tubed it. IF you plate it over from the beginning it might hold up better. This one wasn't until the cracks started showing up. Just a little heads up since you are putting so much work into this.
Thanks for the heads up the frame is pretty thin so I could see where that might become a problem. I guess the plan of not needing winch is not the best option huh? :D Jake

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I added some gussests to the roll cage over the weekend but I did not add an X to the main hoop. It would have to be bent pretty decent to clear your head so I figured that the cage becoming deformed after a hard roll would be better than a cracked skull. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jake

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Are you going to add the rear disco from Trail Tough? I would recomend it for comps. Travis would use it quite a bit on the tighter sections. It is pretty simple and fairly reliable.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
There is not a rear disconnect available for the trak/kicks. We were working on building our own but have decided to see if we can get a Dana 300 mounted to the back of the stock t-case. That way I have 1310 joints all around and have internal disconnects Front and Rear. I use my disconnect in the bronco all the time.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I'd still like to see some over-all pictures (off the lift) ~ perferably on an obstacle. (But at this point I'd settle for an RTI ramp ;) )

yeah I was going to hold off on the finished pictures but I too would like to have some. I have had it out a couple of times at the house checking to see how things were working but I did not take any pictures. It is scheduled for it's shake down run at the end of January. So we'll definately have some by then....

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Is there anyway you show some pics of the cage were it goes thru the dash.. My friend just rolled his tracker and when we put the cage in the new body, we want to try to have the bars go thru the dash. thanks Wade

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Is there anyway you show some pics of the cage were it goes thru the dash.. My friend just rolled his tracker and when we put the cage in the new body, we want to try to have the bars go thru the dash. thanks Wade
The dash was removed whent eh cage was installed. So the dash has been cut to be put back in place. The 2 outside bars come through the speaker holes and the center one has a slot cut in it for the bar to come through. I will try to get the disc from jason and see if he has any better pictures on it. I will take a couple in the garage for you is there anything in particular you need to see?
JAke

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I'd still like to see some over-all pictures (off the lift) ~ perferably on an obstacle. (But at this point I'd settle for an RTI ramp ;) )
here you go snoopy!
IT's really dark outside but I don't think you can tell...

Thats all I got for now. JAke

·
Registered
334 Posts
Where is the shake down going to take place? KS Rocks? Let me know where and when, I would like to go.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You should take a picture of the green tracker in the same spot to see how it looks and remember that as you drive it to work:flipoff2:

·
Vendor
1,344 Posts
Where is the shake down going to take place? KS Rocks? Let me know where and when, I would like to go.
SMORR on Jan. 20th

Scott

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Yeah I will let everyone know. I was thinking about Randolph. That way all the guys that helped with the build can run it through the rock garden. :) Really should do it at Kansas Rocks since they are one of the sponsors though! So I'll keep you posted.
There are alot of little things I want to address before that happens. Still waiting to hear if the Dana 300 doubler is going to be built yet or not. Then I will fab a skid plate for it after that. Lots of little things that still need to be addressed. As soon as I can get the credit card paid down I will be putting a PSC Hydro Assist on it as well. Just didn't have the room on the card for that during the build :shaking:
Thanks guys, Jake

81 - 100 of 171 Posts