Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
didn't you take pictures?

here is the progress of the bumper. I know it's a couple of weeks old. I'll get some more updated stuff soon this weekend. If it woudl quit raning I'd take it for a test run.....

ok so it's more about the superwinch.... :)

bumper is done except for the fairlead in the picture
I'll get some of the finished bumper and the rockers which turned out pretty decent I think. Jake

Adam and Jeremy came over last weekend and got the T-case gears installed and Jeremy bent some tube for the rockers while I was working on the front bumper. Thanks a ton guys. Oh yeah Adam tested out the front bumper on my firehydrant too....

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Lemme kno when you guys are going out I'll try to make it or at least will send my brother out with a camera :)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Okay finally had the big debut of the rig last weekend so I'll let loose of the pictures now :)

here's a couple of the second test run. Still have yet to spend anytime on dry ground with it yet. :(
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157594548265456/

It's working really well but we are still waiting on the machine shop to finish building our adapter for the dana 300. Once that is done we will be ready to go!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
less than 2 weeks guess we should get things wrapped up... :flipoff2:

got the doubler finished up. Lots of time at the machine shop last week.

new shaft vs old shaft

shift fork assembly

adapter plate

bolted together

adapter plate - future ones will have a mounting foot on the bottom. Just didn't have time to redo it at this point.

last one for tonight
oh so precise:smokin:

still gotta fab some shifters and get ready to pass tech and be in hannibal on the 13th.
Jake

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I knew I had to have a way to disengage the rear. Hopefully some time soon I can work on getting it to turn better and getting rid of the spools in the axles would help too.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
finished up the tunnel cover and the skid plate this weekend just about got it wrapped up and ready to load ont he trailer for we-rock on the 13th.

twin sticks

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Thanks lou. Looking forward to meeting you as well. In the future I have got to spend some time to get the car to turn better but for now I am going to work on getting th bronco put together. It is looking pretty sad in the corner next to the tracker.
Jake

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
The tracker shaft is turned down and the dana 300 shaft was bored out to make an interference fit. Then it was welded at the base and the tip. The news ones will be a new shaft just didn't have time or money to get it done for this round.

Jason it's the tall one in the middle I am worried about... :)

101 - 120 of 171 Posts