Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to the team for all of your help getting the rig going. Rrock was awesome. The courses were really a lot of fun to play on and really challenging. I think everyone except for Derek had a bad course. Rockwilds was very minor and missed finishing their last course by only a couple of seconds. It was too bad to see them drop down that way. That moved us into second place and put them into a tie breaker for 3 place! They were able to come out on top with the third place finish. So it was fun to be at the top with Travis and Aaron. They are definitely good people. Congrats to Derek and Ritchie as well on yet another mark in the win column! We are excited and looking forward to RRock June 23rd!
Can't say enough good things about Tom and Debbie and all of the RRock judges and competitors. What a great place to be and thier attitudes make it like a fun family. Glad to be apart of it!
Jake

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Sorry for lack of updates been running around busy like normal ya know.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that came out to see what we were up to! Thanks guys it is a big boost knowing we have your support!

The courses were a little different this time as several of them were very loose freshly moved rock. Traction was pretty low and you had to be real careful not to dig 4 holes and sit on your belly. Our first course was
B3.

We struggled a little to make it through this one as clean as we did. We took the bonus and had to work out of the bonus line back to the main course. We used a decent amount of time doing that so it left us a little short on the second half. We decided to take a cone that we could have worked around if we had more time and then got high centered on our belly on a huge rock that spun us around until we hit the cone there but made it through the exit with time left. This course gave us a score of 7. One of only 2 positive scores in the group of top 5 finishers. Our second course was a breeze nothing major happen here and we made it through with a perfect for the course a -4.

Our third course proved to be very challenging as 3 people in our class rolled on this one. Our short wheelbase and stability really helped here. We were able to work around the cones and remain upright as we cleared the course and made the optional bonus at the end. It was very cool and we made up some much needed points on the other guys with this one. We ended I believe with a -12.

Our 4th course was B4 which we planned on taking the bonus line on that as well. However some of the guys in front of us had moved some rock around and made a big hole making the course a little more difficult. The hole did pose us some problems but we made it through with out too much trouble. Again the stability of our rig really put us in a good spot to make a pretty tough out and through the finish gates.

Then the Dreaded B5 course. The course consisted of 2 separate bonus lines for an extra possible -20. One of the lines involved a big ledge that we fought in the previous competition. Most every one had struggled to get through the course. With so many gates it was very easy to pick up 20 points in gates without blinking. It was a very loose up hill climb that looked like it became easier as more people went but also started to develop more of a ledge as the rock got moved around. We had just seen Derek West walk the course like it was nothing and others before and after him struggle to make it through. So now it was just up to us. We took our initial line as we had discussed through he big boulders then kicked the transfercase into high gear and made a dash for the top. We popped up the first ledge pretty easy and it was back for redemption on the next ledge. Once again I hammered down (as much as possible in a 1.6l motor) and popped right up the ledge like it wasn’t’ there. Wow that was easy! Who knows why we couldn’t make it last time! We had trouble trying to turn around at the top to come back down, but, with a reverse we were lined up to take the drop. Scott did an awesome job lining us up for the drop and moving rocks so we would be stable coming down the steep hill. We finished the course with a -23 out of a possible -25! Very cool indeed!

We finished the day with a -45 only 2 points behind Derek West and Ritchie. We were very proud of our effort to say the least. With two second place finishes we are looking forward to the August 25th event as it might determine whether we are in the chase for first in the series points or a best possible second. A HUGE thanks to Tom and Debbie Womble, all the Judges and Marshalls, the spectators and of course our friends and families!
Signing autographs! How rockstar is that!

Here is the link to the awesome photos Jason took. I am really starting to see a future for him in photography.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubberbelly/sets/72157600490679809

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
anyone know who this guy from aropund paola is?

Yea its my boy Miles... he doesnt interweb though :flipoff2: ( I think those pics are from my photobucket too )

Ive got the video of those jumps, fun stuff... not much to do in Kansas :laughing:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
OH YEA , GREAT JOB Jake !! I wondered how this project and the comps had been going for you guys , keep up the good work :smokin:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
OH YEA , GREAT JOB Jake !! I wondered how this project and the comps had been going for you guys , keep up the good work :smokin:

Thanks! It has been alot fo fun getting to know the competitors so far this year and the competition has been great!
Jake

·
Registered
677 Posts
Congrats Jake, I'm glad to see that you and the rig are doing good. I just wish I could say I helped build that thing. It's so weird but in a good way. I just love that little bute.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
hey Jake... Looks like I may be building a tracker soon :flipoff2: same color and everything!

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
It's a $%&#@ Geo! :flipoff2:

It has been fun competing with you guys. You better watch it though. We are going to be ready next time.

·
Vendor
1,344 Posts
121 - 140 of 171 Posts