Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find some in a can that actually works. All the stuff I have tried from Napa or Orielly sucks. It takes forever to dry and if it ever does "dry" it's never solid. I want something that actually hardens into an bed liner type material thats strong and resistant to scratches. So. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
315 Posts
You want SEM Rubberized undercoating. It's the good stuff and dries flat black. I use it with minimal prep (read, wash the dirt off) and it sticks really well. Not even pressure washing will take it off. With two or three coats it becomes very scratch resistant.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I used the Summit brand rubberized undercoating for rear wheel wells of my 2500 and it's been holding up great for over a year now. It does not remain sticky and after a little wear and tear it has a flat finish. The green scotch brite pads are good to prep the surface with.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Trying to find some in a can that actually works. All the stuff I have tried from Napa or Orielly sucks. It takes forever to dry and if it ever does "dry" it's never solid. I want something that actually hardens into an bed liner type material thats strong and resistant to scratches. So. Any suggestions?
I use the Dupli-color Spray in Bedliner in the large rattle can. It ain't worth a shit as a bedliner, but it makes awesome undercoating.

It's easy to spray, very good coverage, very durable and chip resistant, not very expensive, and sticks to itself with no prep other than washing the dirt off in case you need to touch it up.

I found out how good it is after working on some rigs from rust country that had the frames done in the stuff. Removing it for welding was a giant PITA, no rust was anywhere under it and the owners just sprayed it on again after they scratched it up. In some places it was almost 1/8" thick.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
There was this awesome stuff in a can in Germany.
Scrape it outta can with a putty knife and spread it.
Dries FAST and HARD. Use to fix up the rusty beaters with sheet and this stuff and it rocked.

Unterbodden , wish I remembered the brand.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,986 Posts
undercoating and bedliner are two different things
yep
I use the Dupli-color Spray in Bedliner in the large rattle can. It ain't worth a shit as a bedliner, but it makes awesome undercoating.

It's easy to spray, very good coverage, very durable and chip resistant, not very expensive, and sticks to itself with no prep other than washing the dirt off in case you need to touch it up.
+1The Duplicolor BEDLINER makes a crappy bedliner, but great undercoating.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
Related to the thread title but not the content, but I just threw a gallon of roofing tar under my ranger a month ago. When it is cold it gets plenty hard, and at $5 a gallon you can't complain about the price. Only thing I'm worried on is adhesion once it is ancient and dried.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I guess what I need is spray on bed liner in a can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts