Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone who has done a rubi swap into a tj,,, how did u hook up the lockers? need to know from the switches to the pumps and what are the two wires coming out of the axle? these are air lockers

·
Registered
259 Posts
You can run the lockers straight through a switch, all you need are the black and red wires coming out of the pump. Don't even need a relay if you don't want to use one (I tend to use them on everything, but I think you can get away without one). The locker pumps themselves have an internal shut off that turns the pump off when the line reaches 6psi.

The 2 wires coming out of the axle are for the indicator light to tell the computer that the axle is locked. If you want you can wire up a LED to them to serve the same purpose.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I put them into a YJ, and did this conversion on a Rubi as well.

Manual air switches, regulate to 6-10psi, all run off existing OBA system.

Eliminates the stock junk pumps, all electrical connections.

IMHO, I wouldnt even waste my time wiring them up electrically were it mine to do.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the two wires on the axle, is one pos and one neg. wondering so i can hook up leds to let me know when there locked. is there something inside to activate the led so i know for sure when the locker is locked

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am in the middle of the same project [email protected]

I am fairly sure the 2 wires coming off the axle are a dry contact to indicate that the axle is locked. You could connect one wire to ground and the other wire to the ground side of a light for example. I did notice that there is a cutout in the instrument cluster for the locker indicators but I havent taken it apart yet to see what is actually in there. I am getting to this part of the project this weekend though so I can't say for sure. I will do some tests this weekend to make sure and can post my results if you need.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
the two wires on the axle, is one pos and one neg. wondering so i can hook up leds to let me know when there locked. is there something inside to activate the led so i know for sure when the locker is locked

Again, if you go manual, when the switch is up, the lockers on. Its that simple.

If you need a dummy light to tell you when your locker is on, somethings not right.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm running rubi compressor to a switch using same black and red like everyone is saying. The compressor is self regulating so works out great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts