Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got BDS 3.5" YJ springs under the front of my blazer right now, but I'm looking for a spring with a little bit more lift but at the same time I want to keep my flex. How well do the Rubicon 4.5" extreme duty front leafs for a YJ flex?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my blazer is sprung over, when I did my SFA swap I set up the front to run YJ springs. The BDS springs that I have are great considering how much I paid for them, but I would like a little bit more lift. I know the rubicons won't give me as much lift as they would on a YJ due the added weight. I just want to get about another 1"-1 1/2", and I have only heard good things abot rubicon express

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
Well in your first post you said that you were running the 3.5" BDS springs in spring under, so thats what I assumed. Either way, I think that the Rubicon Express springs will do what you want. They are great springs.
Scott

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
1badPOS said:
Well in your first post you said that you were running the 3.5" BDS springs in spring under,
he said he was running them under the front of his truck :flipoff2:

either way I don't think the high cost of these springs and the little lift you will get are worth the money. If you want a bigger tires your gonna have to just drop your bumpstop or trim the fenders, with either set of springs. So realisticly you will just be getting a more top heavy ride from the RE springs, oh yeah and a lighter wallet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm more than willing to trim my fenders. Right now, with the front bumper I have, there is no rubbing on the front of the front fenders. However, with the way Chevy S-series vehicles fenders are, there isn't much room to trim, oh well, I'm greedy I guess I'll just stick with the springs that I got and 36's

·
Registered
169 Posts
You running full width or stock for a blazer? I have done a lot of lift kits on blazers, and I don’t think I would want to go any bigger then 36’s on one with out hacking the shit out of the fenders or just never taking it off road. So you know the wheelbase off the top of your head by any chance?

·
Registered
762 Posts
springs in RE 4.5 XD kit are actually 4" lift, the .5" comes from 1" longer shackles that come with the kit. from what i've heard BDS 3.5 springs are actually about 4" of lift, so you won't be getting any extra lift from RE springs. the only taller YJ spring is Skyjacker monolinear 6", but those are not very good.

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Email [email protected] i got my SOA RE sorings from him, shipped for $400 !! He has the best prices i found when looking. I know you are looking for 4" RE springs ,so ask him. My SOA springs are great, nice ride, loads of flex. A good choice!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know the wheelbase off the top of my head, when I did the SFA swap, I moved the front forward about 2.5" so the tires would clear, right now the tires rub slightly at full flex but I still have a bit more room to trim. S-series fenders, especially the front don't have shit for flex room, since I guess they weren't designed for that. Oh yeah, my 44/14 bolt are full width, I didn't narrow them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts