Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey me and some buddies heading up this weekend. were should we camp- rubicon springs will be full with the rubithon. i was wondering is fire season over, or can we have campfires still?- thank for any info.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
check in at the Crystal Basin station for a fire permit. You can camp anywhere along the trail, just need to park within the 25 ft rule.

·
Registered
110 Posts
rubicon camping

Was up there this past weekend, no fire restrictions but be aware that the mosquitoes are out in force!!! We had to move two campgrounds it was so bad.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We camped across the river at Rubicon Springs last Friday and at Loon Lake last Saturday. There were a few mosquitos but not bad. Jungle Juice from REI with Deet seemed to work best. I would consider wheeling in to Buck Island from Loon Lake or Wentworth Springs, camp at Buck and then back out the following day. Second choice would be a base camp at Loon Lake and day trips in and out of the trail. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
what kind of restrictions are there on camp fires, (with a permit) how big of an area etc. I was wanting a small fire for cooking and what not, but I have never been and I dont want to piss off any locals or LEO's for that matter, trying to stay legal, we are going out for the fourth, any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

and is there a number to call to get a permit?

·
Registered
97 Posts
what kind of restrictions are there on camp fires, (with a permit) how big of an area etc. I was wanting a small fire for cooking and what not, but I have never been and I dont want to piss off any locals or LEO's for that matter, trying to stay legal, we are going out for the fourth, any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

and is there a number to call to get a permit?
Just stop at any Forest Service Station and they'll issue a fire permit. Keep an eye on the posted fire conditions. We had 16 rigs that ran from WWS to Tahoe 10 days ago and the skeeters weren't all that bad.

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/grobison62/RubiconTrailMadhattersStyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts