Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rubicon Dana 44 air locker

This is a brand new locker from Jeep. Never installed and I want it gone.

New they are about $800. I would like $550, what I paid.

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this a front or rear locker?

Thank,
Anders
Why, which one do you need ;)

it's the rear, so it is also limited slip. It is a gear style, like a true trac, and could be used in the front. If I remember correctly, the open front style is more expensive than the rear limited slip style.

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Received and sent ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
from everything I have read the rear locker will only fit in a Rubicon rear housing. sorry if this is bad news but I have already been down this road

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from everything I have read the rear locker will only fit in a Rubicon rear housing. sorry if this is bad news but I have already been down this road
Did you even read the subject of this thread? RUBICON D44 AIR LOCKER! Thank you for sharing your past history on the subject, but did you want to buy the locker or what? :shaking:

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still have the new locker sitting here...sold a used one, but I still want the new one gone!:smokin:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Why, which one do you need ;)

it's the rear, so it is also limited slip. It is a gear style, like a true trac, and could be used in the front. If I remember correctly, the open front style is more expensive than the rear limited slip style.
I am not clear on this, will it work in any dana 44? I thought any ARB was either open or locked.

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not clear on this, will it work in any dana 44? I thought any ARB was either open or locked.
It's not an ARB. It's an air actuated limited slip locker kind of like an ARB and Detroit Trutrac combined. This also doesn't use but 5 PSI of air, not like the ARB's 90-100 PSI....

I've never tried putting this into a standard D44 housing, but I have heard that it's a wider case than a standard D44 case, so machining of the housing is required to use it.

I do know that the Rubicon D44 is a HD unit and uses larger ring gear bolts than a standard D44... With that said, to use this in a Standard D44 housing, you would need to run Rubicon gears. Which are thicker and use the larger bolts.

If you are interested in it, I could measure two cases and see if there are differences tomorrow....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts