Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a pair of front TJ Rubicon Express front long arms sitting in the garage, and thinking of installing them on my YJ, along with Coilovers.

I have not had much time lately to do much measuring. The front links would be mounted to a front ford full width 60. CO's are 17", so hood chopping is a must the Re links seem to be the perfect length, about 38". WOuld need to figure out a trackbar mount, etc.

I am most likely going to use Ballistic Fab mounts for the axle, LCA's and tower on pass side, need to figure out driver's side.

Also, on the TJ the links are mounted inside of the frame (on the skid), not sure if that is going to work with the 60 due to the position of the pumpkin and where the LCA would mount.

Anyone has info, links or pics on who has done this install?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Gui,
Although I only have first hand exprience with the TJLA in the rear of a YJ, I know it can be done fairly easily. Are you useing the belly pan as well? If not the easiest thing would be to mount the arm to the bottom or outside of the frame, but this may(or probably will) give you some tire clearence issues. That's the main reason for RE useing inboard mounts. Obviously some sort of new pan or cross member will be needed. When that magic pair of free coil overs showes up on my door I'll be doing the same conversion.
Ballistic fab in Rocklin, T&J in orange, and JSA in el cajon have all used the TJLA kits on YJ's and CJ's if you need first hand experience. Good luck and have fun.
CT

·
11,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CT, thanks! I will try searching more on the builders and see if I can find any examples. I am thinking most likely will be inboard or under the frame, unless I can get reall creative on outside the frame as far as space.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've seen a clayton long arm kit on a yj and they mounted the arms under the frame. I think if you look on there web site there are some pics of it under the comp rigs.

·
11,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The arms will fit fine on a 60. I am running a dodge front 60 with the RE kit and Poly Mounts on the axle. Its tight, but it will fit.

Heres a terrbile pic but its shows the poly lower, ballistic tracbar and blue torch shock mounts.

Good shot, any more shots of the links mounted in, or mounted on the rig? Did u make the upper mount on the housing side, and is it just welded to the cast?

Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts