Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So has anyone else had total shitty luck with rubicon express??? I have their 4 1/2" long arm kit on my 2007 4dr jeep.. all the rubber bushing are splitting, front shock is puking everywhere, here is what rubicon express says " well we will send these pictures to bilstein, since they make our shocks" ever since, i have heard nothing, when i call i am told well you need to talk to the rep you have been dealing with, ohh but he isnt here.. such pieces of shit!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Save yourself the trouble. Cut off the ass crack rubber bushings, weld on round tube or get inserts and use a johnny joint or a stock bushing. I've replaced the rubber one's a few time's and they are worn out within 6 months, driven or not.

As for the shock's, they are not RE's like stated, call Bilstein directly and talk with them about the issue's or call the vendor you bought from, if any.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bought direct

·
Registered
268 Posts
Joel from Bilstein here. Feel free to send me the pictures of your shock issue as well as the mounts and a photo of where the rod goes into the shock. [email protected]

Also just to clarify, the issues you are having with rubber bushings, is that on the long arm kit or on the shocks?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I don't think Bilstien makes their shocks, I beleive it is Edlebrok that makes them

·
Registered
586 Posts
Save yourself the trouble. Cut off the ass crack rubber bushings, weld on round tube or get inserts and use a johnny joint or a stock bushing. I've replaced the rubber one's a few time's and they are worn out within 6 months, driven or not.
This^^^^Same bushing Problem, Same fix

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Thought they had a bad batch of the poly bushings and they were sending out free replacements.

Mike
The bushings used to made overseas. Production was moved to the US due to the material problems. It has taken some time to build a mold, qualify a mold and material. It is my understanding that they have been in production on the replacement bushing/material for a week or so. It may take a little time to get caught up but I am sure they will send out replacements as they are a stand up company.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I am sure they will send out replacements as they are a stand up company.
That's great for anyone with a receipt, recently purchased lift etc. but I think the rest of us who've already bought 2 or 3 sets are ass out.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Thought they had a bad batch of the poly bushings and they were sending out free replacements.

Mike
I've been breaking those POS hourglass bushings for over 2 years now, probably gone thru at least 10 on the front end. But finally they are all replaced by builder balls at my expense.

V8 and AWD beats the piss out of them. They might work alright on the lighter rigs with 4 and 6 bangers that are 2wd, but not mine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't think Bilstien makes their shocks, I beleive it is Edlebrok that makes them
There is a private label RE application for the JK by Bilstein. This is an apgrade though and not the standard shock with the kit (twin tube from brand x). I just want to confirm if it is our shock or not and if the bushing complaint is with the shock or elsewhere in the kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re

I bent all 4 lower links with stock unlocked axles(2002 TJ) and 35'' BFG MTs. Called them up and they did not help me since the kit was a couple years old. RE is great if your going to the mall to get your thrills tho...

·
Registered
19,460 Posts
I bent all 4 lower links with stock unlocked axles(2002 TJ) and 35'' BFG MTs. Called them up and they did not help me since the kit was a couple years old. RE is great if your going to the mall to get your thrills tho...
So... you bent the links on your own deal and wanted them to fix it? :shaking:

Worn out bushings when they have a problem is one thing. Bashing your shit and expecting them to fix it is another.

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
So... you bent the links on your own deal and wanted them to fix it? :shaking:

Worn out bushings when they have a problem is one thing. Bashing your shit and expecting them to fix it is another.
Amen to that. RE has always been good to deal with in my experience.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Either you carry lead around in your rig or you're an idiot. I've run their lower arms on my rig even with the dana 60's and believe me it got the hell pounded out of it. I let my friends sister drive it through a concrete obstacle course and she had the front wheels about 3 feet of the ground and she came crashing down on the lowers on a jersey wall. They still arent bent. Scratched yes bent no. Rubicon Express is a great company and they make a great product.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
RE had always been helpful to me too.
Bushing and off road driving = hard on the bushings. We don't know the full story, but it could be wear, it could be a bad batch.
The shocks, meh, I have seen every brand out there leak, it happens. I just hope they are able to work with you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts