Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up folks, the Rubicon trail will be a topic of discussion at the Sept. 20, 2007 OHMVR Commission meeting.
From the agenda, http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/files/final-agenda-sept-mtg.pdf

1:00 pm NEW BUSINESS
a. Legislative updates on SB742
b. Carbon footprint of the OHV Programs and how it fits with the
administrations goals
c. Review of the Fuel Tax Study and it’s implications for programs.
d. Rubicon Trail Impacts
• Commission letter supporting seasonal closures and street legal
vehicles only

Keep informed and active

Ride on
Brewster
CERA...assistant LOA

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice, the Commission is a joke. They get funded by green sticker money and then use that money to close your off road areas down. CA SUCKS!

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Damn! It's Thusday freakin' morning and I have to be at work:mad3:

The "street legal only" comment got my attention :mad3:

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts
How many freaking people want to get a piece of this trail.....now these guys? What on earth do these guys have doing, commenting on a trail run by the County and soon to be dictated by the Master plan that we all worked hard on.

There's more green sticker vehicles helping make sure that trail stays clean...we have many ATV users able to pick items down to zip strips and old pop tops that you just can't see in a Jeep.

·
Registered
61 Posts
AS the Rubicon Trail is a "non-maintained" county road the govt agency able to close the trail would be El Dorado and Placer counties. Maybe the seasonal closure is for the area from the chalet across the damns?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the idea is that they (Commission) would support the idea of seasonal closures and street leagal vehicles only by writing a letter showing their support. Maybe I misunderstand their purpose but I thought their agenda would be to look out for the very people that fund their positions. Apparently not?

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
I think the idea is that they (Commission) would support the idea of seasonal closures and street leagal vehicles only by writing a letter showing their support. Maybe I misunderstand their purpose but I thought their agenda would be to look out for the very people that fund their positions. Apparently not?
Not, you are correct. Take a look at this list and see where they belong:

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=22606

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
"California's Off-Highway Motor Vehicular Recreation Commission was created by the Legislature in 1982 to allow public input and provide policy guidance for the OHV program. The Commission's duties include: allocating funds for OHV capital outlay expenditures and OHV grants and cooperative agreements; certifying environmental impact reports; and considering adverse impacts on property in the vicinity of State Vehicle Recreation Areas, and recommending measures to the Division to reduce those impacts."

Praire City is how far from the Rubicon?

By commenting on the Rubicon, these guys are way out of their field. We need to remind them to stick to the parks.

Doug

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
"California's Off-Highway Motor Vehicular Recreation Commission was created by the Legislature in 1982 to allow public input and provide policy guidance for the OHV program. The Commission's duties include: allocating funds for OHV capital outlay expenditures and OHV grants and cooperative agreements; certifying environmental impact reports; and considering adverse impacts on property in the vicinity of State Vehicle Recreation Areas, and recommending measures to the Division to reduce those impacts."

Praire City is how far from the Rubicon?

By commenting on the Rubicon, these guys are way out of their field. We need to remind them to stick to the parks

Doug
That is what I was thinking to. They have no say over what happens on the Rubicon right? :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
By commenting on the Rubicon, these guys are way out of their field. We need to remind them to stick to the parks.
You are so right! Since when does the OHV Commission get involved with or take a position on a Non-maintained county road?

This is one Green Stickered guy that is getting sick of this stuff :mad3:

We need to have a large presence at this meeting people!!!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The OHMVR Commission gets in the door because the county that claims the Rubicon received OHV Grant money to plan the installation of two water crossings/bridges. Under present regulations, the Commission can exert some control over the funds that the county would need to complete the project.

And who knows what other influence they may try to extert.

Keep informed and active

Ride on
Brewster
CERA...assistant LAO

·
flamethrower
12,604 Posts
The OHMVR Commission gets in the door because the county that claims the Rubicon received OHV Grant money to plan the installation of two water crossings/bridges. Under present regulations, the Commission can exert some control over the funds that the county would need to complete the project.

And who knows what other influence they may try to extert.

Keep informed and active

Ride on
Brewster
CERA...assistant LAO
That's slimy :mad3:

And the Carbon Footprint thing???How can they even entertain a highly debatable theory as Science?

They need to step off on that one too.

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
OHV Commission

Randii, Cruzila, Cal4, BlueRibbon, me and others are formulating a plan for this upcoming Comssion meeting right now, today. You'll hear more soon. But we will be there and we will make our case for the Trail -- for us.
Yes, they have influence, even tho they don't have actual jurisdiction.
Political influence can sometimes be stronger than jurisdiction.

Del

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts