Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far into June do you think it will be before the majority of the snow will be gone. I would like to plan a trip around the middle of the month and was wondering if it would be passable by then.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
keep checking back

unless it snows a bunch more (very possible) look to see all the snow gone by the end of May.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the holiday weekend might be a good time to go then? That would be better so I would get one of the days I take off paid.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Lon wlf said:
So the holiday weekend might be a good time to go then?
Really depends on what you think of as a good time. Memorial Day weekend is a crowded time on the Rubicon - hundreds of rigs, and most of them at Spider. Can take a long time to move a short distance with the traffic. The Little Sluice area is a large party, so don't plan on a quiet fishing trips with the kids.

Paul

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
I had a very good time up there last year right after memorial day.
Rich

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even if there's some snow will there be that many people? It might be worth going just to see someone else beat there trucks.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Lon wlf said:
Even if there's some snow will there be that many people? It might be worth going just to see someone else beat there trucks.
I heard this year won't be too crowded.

Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:flipoff2:

Seriously, it will be a mob scene.

·
Registered
28 Posts
couple of friends were @ the box 2 wks ago...will get tougher when the snow starts melting. memorial is hell with a bunch of idiots holding up traffic for hours, all wanting you to give them a "tug". if there's any snow on the trail in june i'd be surprised.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
going april 5 sooooooo

DON'T BE PUSSSSSY AND MEET US THERE

·
Registered
244 Posts
just got back from Loon Lake... snow on the ground is soft and melting. the trail / road is unplowed from the SMUD building. Looked like somone has gone in but very few tracks. I think i would wait till end of april, forest service is fussy about vehicles on wet roads. Rememer Bartlett lake trail....

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
Whatever we do folks, let's be careful about wheeling in wet/winter conditions on the Rubicon -- this year especially. We've got everyone (world wide) watching us on the trail as the Rubicon has really taken on a life of it's own. Government, newspapers, greenies, bureaucrats, etc. are all wondering if we can keep this trail open, alive and well. So far, they're impressed.

Now our job is to make sure we don't jeopardize that by tearing up a muddy/snowy stretch or getting off the trail (either on purpose or by accident).

So PLEASE be careful. Tell your buds. Tread lightly and smartly.
Thanks, Del

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Re: I'm not impressed

kangaroo jack said:
Invite all the people you have "impressed" to the trail memorial weekend............we will then see how impressed they are
Damn Jack! Who pissed in your Cheerios? Get up on the wrong side of the bed did we?

Are you interested in helping or just whinning?

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
Again, a friendly reminder folks, we are under the microscope this year on the trail. So many things are at stake. Please keep that in mind as you have fun. We just can't afford to see meadows torn up in wet weather, or new bypasses cropping up all over the place because of snow banks, etc. etc. It will really jeopardize our efforts.
If you have been to the Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR) site, please do so when you can:
www.delalbright.com/rubicon.htm

thanks, Del

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Yes, I am with you on the snow banks...Del. If you can't stay on the trail because the snow bank is to big...GO HOME! Also be prepared for a lot of trees down this year. We had a lot of wet heavy snow back in December. DO NOT GO AROUND A TREE AND MAKE A NEW PATH. REMOVE THE TREE.

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
FYI It has been snowing up on the Con for a week, and will be snowing for another week. There will be a TON of snow on the trail Mem day weekend. Make other arrangements.

Im going to Moab. :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are planning on heading down there on the 19th of June so hopefully the conditions will be better.

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
June will be fine on the trail. This sunshine is making a huge diff.
Memorial Day is still, in my thinking, a bad time this year to be on the Rubicon. The Hammers may be a better party. :)
Del

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Toyota Land Cruiser Association has the Trail from the 18th of June through the 22nd for Rubithon.

You'll probably want to pick a different week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts