Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 565 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
I know the orange rig. Great picture.

Did the green chevy (you?) make it up Soup Bowl? What's your specs, if you don't mind? You guys planning for this summer too?
Yea, Jeremey lives up by you.

Mine is the other green Chevy with the exo. We both went up Soup.

It's a been a couple years since we put Geoff's truck together but as I recall it's a '79 Ford 60 with an ARB and Superiors with CTM's and a 14FF with a Detroit running 5.13's. Stock L31 motor, 60e tranny and 241 t-case. The front is linked on 18" c/o's and he had 44" TSL's which are now 44" PBR's. Rear suspension I think was a shackle flip and 6" Alcan springs, but again, it's been a while. Front clip was narrowed, bed overhang was cutoff and since that trip it's been boatsided.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Yea, Jeremey lives up by you.

Mine is the other green Chevy with the exo. We both went up Soup.

It's a been a couple years since we put Geoff's truck together but as I recall it's a '79 Ford 60 with an ARB and Superiors with CTM's and a 14FF with a Detroit running 5.13's. Stock L31 motor, 60e tranny and 241 t-case. The front is linked on 18" c/o's and he had 44" TSL's which are now 44" PBR's. Rear suspension I think was a shackle flip and 6" Alcan springs, but again, it's been a while. Front clip was narrowed, bed overhang was cutoff and since that trip it's been boatsided.
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Last October. Took a little trip up with the wifey before starting work in Tx. The con is one of the few places in Ca that I truly miss.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Sweet Thread, Keep It Going. I Am Going In June, Will Definitely Add To The Gallery :smokin:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Awesome thread! Headed there in one month with a few friends. Trying to figure out if I should take my JK unlimited or tow the "Jeep" out and not worry about scratches/damage. Likely the "Jeep" as the on trail experience will be mucho better and I would be willing to take a few more "optional" lines with it vs. the JK daily driver.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Don't forget your front license plate and other street legal items. The USFS LEO's use that as probable cause to tear into your rig and find all the trivia in your life to cost you big $$$$$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
They can issue a citation but they will need a search warrant to search the vehicle.

We only saw merlin and the other deputy while we were on the trail that weekend. They were passing out bandanas at the box.

161 - 180 of 565 Posts