Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am from Texas and wanting to participate in the Jeepers Jamboree in July for my 50th birthday is there anybody that can give me info on what permits I need and a safe place to leave my tow rig nobody I know here has ever wheeled in California any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't know of any permits needed to run the trail if you have plates on your rig. If not you will need to get a nonresident OHV permit. You can find it here. Nonresident OHV Use Permits I would let you drop your hauler at my place but I am on wrong side of the trail if you don't have a plated vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have antique plates as I wheel private land here. I have the plates just to be able to drive it around once in a while. I was reading that a non resident vehicle is considered a red sticker is that true because the jamboree requires a green sticker or am I good

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
I have antique plates as I wheel private land here. I have the plates just to be able to drive it around once in a while. I was reading that a non resident vehicle is considered a red sticker is that true because the jamboree requires a green sticker or am I good
Red sticker green sticker shouldn’t matter, the Rubicon, I don’t believe, is not affected by the riding season that would prevent red sticker from being ok on the Con. As long as the plates you have on the vehicle make it legal to drive on the road in your state you should be fine, I doubt you’ll have any problems here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input I am allowed to drive it as long as I’m participating in a special event. I was just worried about the ohv sticker since some places I read don’t allow red sticker certain times of the year I didn’t know if that applied to the Rubicon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts