Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the Rubithon. An amazing event. I just had no idea.

Look for a full writeup on the main page of Pirate tomorrow. I have tons of photos uploading.

It was great to meet all of my Pirate friends in person and I had the EXTRA special treat of a guided tour from Dog Walker today as we ran the trail back to Loon Lake today.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
I talked to Tom on Sat when he was heading to the box I was hoping you were going up with him. I was hoping to get the chance to meet you. We ended up camping at Buck and not going into the Springs, I headed out early from Buck this morning heading back toward Loon. Glad you had a good trip, its a great place to camp and wheel.:D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Glad ya had a good time Nolen.
Looks like you beat us home by about an hour and a half.
BTW driving without a windshield SUCKS!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Glad ya had a good time Nolen.
Looks like you beat us home by about an hour and a half.
BTW driving without a windshield SUCKS!!

Bill
I can't believe you all are letting this comment slip by without making BK spill the beans...

I just want to say, right here, right now, the Bill is just one awesome guy. Thanks for all you and your family do Bill!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
So who won the vintage TLCA magnet? I carried that sucker a long time before it ended up home on the Rubicon. I was pretty excited to run it on my rig last year when I was at Rubithon. Maybe next year I'll make it back in the project truck?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Beautiful pictures! Nolen..It's nice to see cruiser pictures with an artistic touch, here's Nolen at work:

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is my better side for sure....

Ross Woody is a cooking machine if you guys did not already know it. Amazing food.

BK has no windshield because he rolled his 55 while towing a JEEP off the trail......:homer:

The full story is being worked my Lance right now. I will post a link ASAP.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
was great to meet you(again) nolan:D

was glad we got to hang out as much as we did. i havent watched the vid of you running soup bowl yet but you and bruces' truck made it look easy.....or was it my expert advice........:laughing: NOT

anyway , you were everywhere with that camera . can't waite ti see your pics .... after you said " i might as well put my camera away" ...i pretty much did...... all i took pics of after that was Cita...... she had a great time ....being her first ever experience wheelin seems she was born to go rock crawlin and camping.:smokin:....amazing woman!

bill, glad you got the pig home safe to lick it's many wounds.... tragic, but if anyone will pull it off it'll be you.... my buddy dan doesn't call you McGiver bill for nothin:D...... yes i agree ross............the stayners are a class act....period.

and thanks for the hat you nitted me kathy.... i wore it sun morning:smokin:

just got off the phone with bill jackson......they had an adventure getting out yesterday....i'll leave that story to them:shaking:

spam brothers ROCK!

this by far was the best rubithon EVER..........thanks Cita!

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just checked out rockmidget link nolen..... great pics ...thanks!:smokin:
Let me know which ones you want in full res and I will load them up or email them to you.

Cita was awesome. Hot and cool dont come around that often. I got some great shots of your rig coming in.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
hey bill glad to here you got home alright.i helped bill,dale,and mike get people up the hill on sun.things were going good until we had two people brake all four knuckle studs off the pass side, luckly gary (mudrak) was there he had them fixed in no time.then my injectors on my throttle body wouldnt fire so dale and bill both hooked up to me and drug me out to the staging area.no power steering and 40" tall tires suck!!!:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow...Can't wait to here the story. Sounds like all made it safe..that is most important. A [email protected]#P braking down really doesn't surprise me :)laughing: @ Clint). What an awesome run! Cheers to the Crew Bill, Mike, Dale, Glen, Clint(even tho you didn't wear an orange shirt I still consider you "crew" you always are a huge help...oh and you laugh at all our jokes! (we have missed you guys the past few years and I won't let that happen again, you are all really good people) and everyone in the group. It was a pleasure meeting new faces and hope to see you all again real soon. I elect Cita to be the Thursday Run's personal cook! I will put in my order for next time :D. We had a blast this year volunteering for the cooking crew and will continue to do so in the future. SPAM Bros. kick ass at stirring chili! See yall and thanks again! Oh hey Clint..Sorry for saying "you suck"at the raffle....I actually think it was Vince throwing off the balance :mad3:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
some previews from Rubithon 2008

BK's 55

Outcome from towing a jeep on "million dollar hill" Tuesday....oooouch
so glad no one got hurt.

pic from the bowl

continues to leave an impression each time I visit the bowl.

Brave 45 owner on the con :D

remember Steve, gears are your friend.

Greg's Toyotasuras Rex

a couple from "million dollar hill"

Morgan's old swampers have seen better days :(

Rob giving his SUA 40 a bath

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
main leaf repair on Joe's 40

Believe it held throughout the event...great job Rick

Pablo, showing Rick how you drive his 80